Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Low

Quote from: johnnystress on 06 February, 2011, 05:04:31 PM
Gary Moore RIP

"Smiley Bolger (on facebook)
Just had a Phonecall to inform us all the Gary Moore passed away in a Hotel room in Spain some hours ago . RIP ."

I heard this on news24 - the final line of the report was something about his songs being "still played by buskers today" which has to be the faintest praise I've ever heard.

Regards

Robin

House of Usher

Quote from: Robin Low on 07 February, 2011, 08:38:01 AM
I heard this on news24 - the final line of the report was something about his songs being "still played by buskers today" which has to be the faintest praise I've ever heard.

Ah, that good old folk tradition, keeping memory alive. Like I said before, it's a pity we don't still have the recordings...
STRIKE !!!

Albion

I liked some of Gary Moore's stuff but was never a huge fan.......until I saw him play live!
I first saw him at a festival in Finsbury Park in 2001 and was amazed at how good he was and wondered why his music had largely passed me by. I then saw him again at Brighton Dome in 2007.

He was an incredible guitarist and I'm so glad I got to see him. Very sad to see another great talent go too soon.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

johnnystress

I'm wracking my brains trying to think what Gary Moore song would translate to busking.

HdE

What. you mean you've NEVER heard a street performer playing 'Parisienne Walkways?' Happens every day in my town!

Yeah. I admit. That's complete crap.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

mogzilla

rod davies,a bloke i worked with from being a wee yts! last time i saw him was about 18 months ago when he told me of his upcoming civil partnership to his long time fella terry...

Misanthrope

Gary Moore dies, Jedward lives.

There is no god.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

CrazyFoxMachine

Brian Jacques - the author of Redwall mousesiesta.

Additionally on Gary Moore - if no-one's read anything and this is the only place they go on the internet to get news about things: He had a moonlight walk on a Spanish beach, sunk down numerous brandies as well as champagne and a burger and choked on his own vomit. I'd call that a fairly pleasant way to go. Good on you Mr Moore - ! Statue anyone?

Albion

It's now being reported that Gary Moore had a heart attack.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mardroid

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 February, 2011, 01:48:25 PM
Brian Jacques - the author of Redwall mousesiesta.

What a shame! I used to love those books as a kid.

CrazyFoxMachine

...well either way he'd had a nice evening.

Doom metal band Cathedral have broken up. Feels like death to me.

vzzbux

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 08 February, 2011, 06:24:07 PM
...well either way he'd had a nice evening.

Doom metal band Cathedral have broken up. Feels like death to me.
Didn't realise these were still going.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

LARF

Richmond Clements

COMMANDO FORCES

I thought he died last year.