Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dwayne McDuffie. Writer of comics and animated series. As yet no details have come to light but this is sad news.

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 February, 2011, 08:26:13 PM
Dwayne McDuffie. Writer of comics and animated series. As yet no details have come to light but this is sad news.

Woah, that's shocking and quite unexpected. I was just reading about his work on the All-Star Superman movie the other day.

Roger Godpleton

Wow, that's a real blow. I was definitely a fan.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

gdwessel

Just awful news. RIP and condolences to his family and loved ones.

Richmond Clements

It's not often that someone I don't know dying makes me angry with the universe- but this is one of those times.

DrJomster

Really sad news. Posts to his website suggest it was "complications due to a surgical procedure performed Monday evening".
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

COMMANDO FORCES

Nicholas Courtney has passed away, yes the Brigadier.

Daveycandlish

One of my favourite characters from my favourite era of Doctor Who  :'(

And what will become of the Scarifyers CD range now?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

CrazyFoxMachine

Terribly sad to hear about the Brig. He was so keen to return in the main series but was too ill to commit to it.

I say we badger Moffatt to include some kind of on-air farewell to him. Because...

y'know he'll listen to a forum of 2000ad fans more than anyone.

Dark Jimbo

Gutted.  :(

Farewell, Brig.
@jamesfeistdraws

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Sad news about the Brigadier :/
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Adrian Bamforth

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 23 February, 2011, 08:07:08 AM
Terribly sad to hear about the Brig. He was so keen to return in the main series but was too ill to commit to it.

He did at least reprise his role recently in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

satchmo

Farewell to the mighty Brigadier, very sad news. I always loved his character and he seemed like a really good guy too. At least he got to live a long life I suppose, unlike Dwayne McDuffie. Absolutely tragic.

TordelBack

Quote from: satchmo on 23 February, 2011, 03:14:04 PM
Farewell to the mighty Brigadier, very sad news. I always loved his character and he seemed like a really good guy too. At least he got to live a long life I suppose, unlike Dwayne McDuffie. Absolutely tragic.

Indeed.  I wouldn't be a big JLA fan, but I enjoyed McDuffie's frank discussions of how the shifting tides of DCU eventism stymied one plan after another, and he came across as a very decent, very intelligent man.

Colin YNWA