Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Jolly

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 18 July, 2009, 08:48:28 PM
Good stuff there Mr Jolly, but what's with this contamination with the other collectables. You should hide that stuff and let your 2000ad products shine ;)
This stuff shines:

JOE SOAP

are they dildos hanging on the wall?

ThryllSeekyr

Looking at Critter's assortment olf plastic paraphenalia. Reminds me of my own collection. If only by replacing your Batman figure as well as few other with Star Wars action figures, Some of the Warcraft figures and Lord of the Rings. Then our collections would look just about identicle. As I have just about all of the 2000AD figures. Reaction and the latest Judge Dredd and Judge Death. Barring all the variants and thefemale female character Reaction figures, except for the Warped Slaine variant. I currently have three Slaine two of them are regular. All my figures are unpackaged. That way, they are less tempting to steal.

I must photgraph my own one day.

I'm also quite impressed and jealous of Mr Jolly's 2000AD home museum of collectables.

Concering you choice of sig picture. You wouldn't be Australian, Tasmanian, Chopper Reid or Eric Bana iumpersonating him.

I wouldn't think so, but I've asked anyway.

I see you play Spore as well, That looksw like the case for the Creature Creator anyway.

Peter Wolf

Its a bit creepy seeing a Judge Death figure that is the actual product of a deranged,disturbed and psychopathic mind.

Bbbrrrrrrr...........

Creepy.

Your place looks just like a Loft conversion i did for someone recently or what little i could see of it anyway.

I misread the certificate for the JD replicas and read it as saying that they are solid gold and not plated.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mr Jolly

Quote from: garageman on 19 July, 2009, 01:42:27 AM
are they dildos hanging on the wall?
Yes! You should try this one out.  :D

Mr Jolly

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 July, 2009, 02:15:34 AM

I see you play Spore as well, That looksw like the case for the Creature Creator anyway.

Yeah, I did play Spore. Until my hard drive packed in just after Christmas, and I haven't bothered installing it again.

Once you get to the space stage it gets a bit tedious, I thought.

Kerrin

That's quite the collection you have there Jolly. I do hope those lightsabres actually get used. Do they make noises?

Tanky

[quote Yes! You should try this one out.  :D

[/quote]

:o Where did you find that?! I MUST have one!!!

Mr Jolly

Quote from: Kerrin on 19 July, 2009, 11:42:27 AM
That's quite the collection you have there Jolly. I do hope those lightsabres actually get used. Do they make noises?
Oh yeah, they light up and have the sound effects and everything.

Here's a video someone did of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCAheKgJKSA

They're about £100 each, and I ended up paying a fortune for the mounting brackets. They come with stands but they mount them horizontally and they fucking bend, so I tracked this lad down in the States who produced these mounting brackets himself. The fucking shipping alone was ridiculous.  ::)

They look fucking pimp though.

Mr Jolly

Quote from: Tanky on 19 July, 2009, 11:44:19 AM

:o Where did you find that?! I MUST have one!!!
The better half got it me off these people: http://www.uniquities.co.uk/acatalog/Buffy.html#a72010

They usually have a stand at the Memorabilia events at the NEC, she got me a Lord of the Rings hobbit scarf off them previously and she knew I liked that scythe.

Tanky

Brilliant, thankyou! :D I've been after one of those forever. Love the mini version too

Mr Jolly

Oh, I've got one of these as well: http://www.uniquities.co.uk/acatalog/HIRO.html

Mine didn't come with a stand though.

ThryllSeekyr

About the Scyth or Axe. I am sort of impresseed, but I was just wondering if made from plastic or is that bonafide real.

If thats interesting enough, how about the Axe of Slaine --BRAIN-BITER--.

Then which version?

Just now and on a few other occasions. I have been wondering if the axe Slaine shattered on the head of the old ice dragon towards the end of DRAGONHEIST is considered to be THE BRAINBITER or BRAINBITER THE FIRST and the other with the more familer bat-winged or full moon shaped blade, BRAIN-BITER THE SECOND.

Of course I underastand that every Slaine artist has their own approach to drawing the Sessair and his favorite weapon, it's stil considerd to be the same implement of war and chopping down trees.

The idea of forging a real axe or just a fake plastic one. Thats the thingabout a real forging of the axe. That makes it a real weapon and I guess thats why Slaine prefers the old fashioned weaponry.

It always works, it's always loaded and switched on.

A real one might be safer if it was mounted to something too heavy to allow it to be a viable weapon

House of Usher

I finally got a rollerblind put in my back bedroom where I keep the precious things, a good year and a half since my good lady and I spent Christmas 2007 decorating it, carpeting up and putting up shelves in it (which she spent hours sanding and varnishing all on her lonesome while I was writing up a college assignment).

It's quite a relief to go in there now and not mildly freak at the direct sunlight pouring in through the unshaded window. Pictures to follow by... ooh... end of summer. Possibly. Maybe Christmas?
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

At lunchtime I bought a Star Wars 3 3/4" figure of Luke in his medical gown from the end of Empire Strikes Back.  

And then because he came with 1/6 of a 'build-a-droid' figure (the head, as it happens), I bought five more figures so I could get a seventh one 'free'.  

I'm so ashamed, plus I'm going to be living on rehydrated noodles for the next fortnight.  It's like George has installed an override chip in the (already under-developed) common-sense area of my brain.  I wonder if Scientologists feel this way when they realise they've given all their money to a bunch of rich tossers, or cultists when they realise they actually have succeeded in summonng Shub Niggurath and his thousand young are now going to infest them shortly before devouring the world.  

But Luke even has a little flap on his wrist so you can see the wires of his shiny new bionic hand, so basically that's a result!