Main Menu

The Board

Started by Art, 10 July, 2009, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Can we have "View Active topics" back? Or is it now hidden away somewhere and I;m missing it?

Dan Kelly

Was looking for exactly the same thing  ::)

Dark Jimbo

This is a bit of a must. I don't really want to trawl through each and every topic to find new posts or threads.
@jamesfeistdraws

Rio De Fideldo

can i third that. to have to look in each forum for updates is very overwhelming

Dandontdare

House of Usher

Ah, the ever popular and labour-saving 'view active topics' function!
STRIKE !!!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

the View unread posts is handy to have, but View Active Topics would be nice to have back.

Dandontdare

I've just checked out the 'view unread posts' thing and I think it'll do pretty much the same thing, just excluding topics that haven't been added to - it just seems pointless at the moment because we've all been "reset" as to what we've looked at recently.

Martin Jameson

uh whats happened here then??

Jim_Campbell

Yeah ... I appreciate that something like this is always a thankless task for those who have to implement it, but there are a number of things that will actively keep me off this board, which surely defeats the point of a re-vamp?

1) Active Topics - sorry, I'm not clicking through every category heading to see what the newest post is. We need this back ASAP.

2) Colour scheme - as previously noted, it's very hard to see where one post ends and the next begins. We need a darker grey, I think.

3) Like PJ says - is it just a Safari bug, but top right of my screen shows Home / Help / Search and then a whole bunch of stuff all piled up on top of each other. Actually, it is a Safari issue, because it works OK in Firefox:

Firefox:

Safari:

Nonetheless, Safari is supposed to be a pretty standards-compliant browser, so it's strange that it can't correctly render this part of the layout ...

4) Spoiler tags: may not seem like a big deal, but they were used extensively here.

5) AAAAH! My fucking killfile doesn't work!

Cheers

Jim

(Posted to both the "Forum Move" thread and "The Board" thread in hopes of getting seen by someone who can fix this stuff!)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 11 July, 2009, 10:29:25 AM

2) Colour scheme - as previously noted, it's very hard to see where one post ends and the next begins. We need a darker grey, I think.

4) Spoiler tags: may not seem like a big deal, but they were used extensively here.

(Posted to both the "Forum Move" thread and "The Board" thread in hopes of getting seen by someone who can fix this stuff!)

Can I add my voice to sorting these two in particular. Cheers

Overall all though nice job and I'm happy with the new (well I've just noticed them) posting formatting options.

Lord Running Clam

I'd just like to add my voice to the call for an 'view active topics' button.

w3bz

Just posted over in website, can you guys take a look..

fanks  ;)

locustsofdeath!

Just a little complaint, nothing major or anything, but I liked being able to see who else is online at the same time as me.

Also, as mentioned above, it is difficult to determine where one post ends and another begins.

But thanks for trying to improve the board for us!

w3bz

Yeah for some reason, and I think this is because of a mod I did, those stats are offline. Weird as... but I want to get the other stats working at any rate as it has a lot more info which is cool.

Is it still tough for you to see where one post ends and another begins?