Main Menu

And they say...

Started by Robin Low, 03 April, 2011, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Low

Jim_Campbell

On the other hand, this trailer was linked at the side of that YouTube page, made me laugh out more than once...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Emperor

Quote from: Robin Low on 03 April, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
...Hollywood is running out of ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWWufhqyGE8&feature=related

I was a bit mystified when I heard about this and did wonder if it was going to get by on painful irony and lots of post-modern winking, but that might just be silly enough to work in a kind of "Garth Marenghi episode stretched to feature film length." I think the main concern would be if it has enough material to fill the film or will it just fade away at the end. I'll give it a spin though.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Radbacker

who knows it might be Wheely good.

CU Radabcker

TordelBack

I'm tyred of it already.

The Adventurer

Looks like a runaway hit!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Keef Monkey

I've seen it, and found it very funny. It's actually weirder than the trailer lets on if you can imagine that (the 4th wall gets broken as soon as it starts, some characters know there's a script and talk about why they're behaving the way they are, there's an 'audience' observing and commenting on everything that happens). All very postmodern. Slightly too long (feels a bit like a short film stretched out a bit) but there's plenty of laughs in it. It's more David Lynch than Garth Marenghi, while being absolutely nothing like David Lynch so I don't even know why I said that.

Well worth seeing, if only for the fact that there isn't anything else like it really!

Dandontdare

A Goodyear for movies then.

COMMANDO FORCES

Misanthrope

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?