Main Menu

A question to scriptdroids & other budding writers

Started by Oddboy, 12 December, 2002, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo

Graham Alpha? Tim Dredd? Bit of a ring to them.

Oddboy

I was considering 'Harris Stevens' this morning, but that might be just too Iron Maiden.  Plus his friend would then have to be called Dick Davidson which would just be bad.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tommo

Having once accidentally concocted a "Bob Brick" I envy you.

Oddboy

Talking of Iron Maiden - my MD's just told me that she has contacts & can get me free tickets & backstage passes next time they're touring in the UK.  Kewl.

Tu-plang

But wouldn't that be great if Dredd was a Tim.  It doesn't exactly shout 'TOUGH BASTARD' at you does it?

Oddboy

Okay - I'm going for Tim Harris*
He's not going to be a double-hard bastard, more of a weedy but quite plucky & brave type young adult.

*I of obviously retain the right to change name this at anytime as soon as I think of something better / get bored of it.

DavidXBrunt

Name as many characters as possible after real people and they'll all want to own a copy of the story. Guaranteed to increase sales.

Oddboy

Good idea if your a shameless hack (Hi Gordon!) but seeing as my story is unlikely to ever actually get finished writing (let alone drawn) (let alone *published*) I don't really need to worry about that!

Tu-plang

Tim Harris.. nice  -the Harris bit sort of cancels out the boringness of the Tim you see, and... oh sod it.

Queen Firey-Bou

But can you get sued for useing the names of non-scrot ex boyf's as the foul stinking crap bad guys? my heroines name will be Lemonny Vindicivous.

Oddboy

Devons Daddy

can you get sued for useing the names of non-scrot ex boyf's

they would highy likely not realise, you see X/GF tend to all sort of blur into one another.we dont have very short term memory spans.as such your safe i would say.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

And if they're nonscrots how would they ever know?