2000 AD > Website and Forum

The Thin Ice Awards 2011

(1/8) > >>

Roger Godpleton:
These awards commemorate the best in commenting on this board in 2011. I can say that it has been an odd year for me and this place has certainly been of aid to me and my sanity.
The categories are below:

BOARDER OF THE YEAR

THREAD OF THE YEAR

Please pick your top three in each category. Three points will be awarded to your number one, two points for number two and one point for your number three.

My boarders of the year are:
1. King Trout
2. Jared Katooie.
3. Joe Soap.

Mods, can this get stickied?

Minkyboy:
Boarder:
SBT
CF
Proudhuff
But thanks to all of you for your entertainment and in rare cases education.

Thead:
Cyberleader's "My social life problem"!
Can't think of another thread that comes close, unless bumsex girl and shit through the letter box were this year but I think not. (Hope my wife is not reading this over my shoulder! That don't read well to the uninitiated.)

Spikes:

--- Quote from: Minkyboy on 29 December, 2011, 11:52:01 PM ---bumsex girl and shit through the letter box

--- End quote ---

This site really needs the search function back.

Emperor:

--- Quote from: The return of Judge Jack on 30 December, 2011, 12:09:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: Minkyboy on 29 December, 2011, 11:52:01 PM ---bumsex girl and shit through the letter box
--- End quote ---

This site really needs the search function back.
--- End quote ---

www.google.com/search?q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fforums.2000adonline.com+bum+sex

I assume the latter is referring to Poogate. If so, both of those were nominees in the 2008 Thin Ice Awards:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,23796.0.html

Emperor:
Boarder of the Year

* Pete Wells, for not only running the covers competition (which I'm sure helped focus our Eagle votes to get D'Israeli the nomination this year) but also getting the sums wrong, so we get added entertainment from it.* Oh and, you know, for all that comic cover blogging loveliness too.
* Cyberleader2000, the gift that keeps on giving.
* Roger, for returning to us when we thought he was lost forever (although before we'd had his cell steam-cleaned, saving us a fortune, and saving the sanity of those who would have been doing the cleaning) and starting this competition.
Thread of the Year

No competition, as this goes into the list of all time classics:

* My social life problem can anyone help - the premis is good enough (asking for lovelife advice on a comics forum) but then it became a gripping story that made soap operas look like the cheap and tawdry shadow puppetry they are. I shed 6 of the 7 types of tears over that thread and I can think of no higher compliment that can be given.
* Something that won't be happening this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version