2000 AD > Website and Forum

Dredds recent Rejuv

<< < (3/9) > >>

The dude:
Further to new my told that he has. Ever has had a rejuv before, it clearly shows after Necropolisthat he did. That is a fact. Moving on from that I am more curious if this means they are binning the Dredd is old and will not be around forever backstory and attempt to attempt a soft recon

M.I.K.:

--- Quote from: Frank on 01 January, 2017, 06:33:35 PM ---topic=44013.msg940646#msg940646]above[/url] and backed it up with references.
--- End quote ---

The wording of "This is no simple rejuve job." doesn't preclude the possibility that part of the procedure involved some kind of rejuvenation process. In fact, it could be argued that the procedure may have left Dredd in better condition than if he'd only been rejoovied.

--- Quote from: The dude on 01 January, 2017, 06:56:18 PM ---Moving on from that I am more curious if this means they are binning the Dredd is old and will not be around forever backstory and attempt to attempt a soft recon

--- End quote ---

I doubt they'll bin it entirely without something drastic happening.

Frank:

--- Quote from: The dude on 01 January, 2017, 06:56:18 PM ---Further to new my told that he has. Ever has had a rejuv before, it clearly shows after Necropolisthat he did. That is a fact.
--- End quote ---

I provided an argument, with supporting evidence, that he didn't. If you want to dispute that argument, citing your own evidence, this would be a discussion.

Young Giant (655), the last time Dredd creator Carlos Ezquerra drew the character prior to Necropolis (link).

Death Aid (711), the first time Dredd creator Carlos Ezquerra drew the character after Necropolis (link).

Look the same. Here's a picture of what Dredd creator Carlos Ezquerra thought a twenty year old Dredd looked like (Kraken, 674). Looks different*.

* If there was a single line of dialogue that supported the idea Dredd had age-negating treatment at any point prior to Carousel (Meg 375), someone would be quoting it right now. The medics who examined Dredd in Sector House (prog 1216), Dust To Dust (Meg 374), and Carousel (Meg 375) mention arthritis, his implants, and his age, but not that time he became twenty again, or the pills he takes that keep him twenty forever.

Smith:
Yeah,I dont think he got any younger after Necropolis.Thou,its not always easy to say by the chin.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Frank on 01 January, 2017, 06:33:35 PM ---You need to stop telling other people what to say or do. If you want to argue the point, feel free.

--- End quote ---

I did argue the point: that it's ludicrous to suggest that the artificial regeneration of damaged tissue would have no restorative effects. I'm not arguing it again, because you didn't have a good rebuttal then, and you don't have one now. You think otherwise, and that's fine. I, and others, hold a different point of view, hence my advice that you stop asserting your belief as incontrovertible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version