2000 AD > Website and Forum

Dredds recent Rejuv

<< < (2/9) > >>

Leigh S:

--- Quote from: Frank on 01 January, 2017, 04:49:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: The dude on 01 January, 2017, 02:46:47 PM ---I know of only one other rejuvenate and that was to repair the damage done to him after necropolis
--- End quote ---

Wasn't a rejuve. See the replies to your previous thread on this topic.

Anderson made a passing remark to not being able to take "the standard anti-ageing pills" [1], which some readers interpret as meaning anti-ageing drugs are issued as standard ... rather than Anderson saying she can't take just any old anti-ageing drugs.

Even if you're wedded to that interpretation of that one passing reference, neither Dredd, Hershey, nor any of the medics Dredd has consulted over the years have ever mentioned Dredd taking them. Also, anti-ageing drugs aren't really a thing in Dredd [2].

[1] Lock-in, Meg 227. This is just one of the many things from Grant's Anderson strips which are never mentioned again in Wagner's Dredd strips

[2] There's stookie. That might be an example of the non-standard anti-ageing pills Anderson would be able to take without interfering with her psi-talent. If it wasn't illegal

--- End quote ---

Though they did synthesise Stookie substitute from Rad Roaches in a Daily Star Dredd ( Though Dredd predictavly vetoes it)

Richard:
I think the point of Carousel was to put this issue off for a few more years, as nobody wants to deal with it in the way that you suggest.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Frank on 01 January, 2017, 04:49:15 PM ---Wasn't a rejuve. See the replies to your previous thread on this topic.

--- End quote ---

You keep asserting this as if it was a fact, and you need to stop.

Trout:
Yeah. Speculation is fun, but it doesn't pay to get too tangled in continuity when it comes to Dredd. Remember the strip can just change abruptly if the right creator gets bored.

Frank:

--- Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 January, 2017, 06:05:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Frank on 01 January, 2017, 04:49:15 PM ---Wasn't a rejuve. See the replies to your previous thread on this topic.
--- End quote ---

You keep asserting this as if it was a fact, and you need to stop.
--- End quote ---

You need to stop telling other people what to say or do. If you want to argue the point, feel free. I linked to my reasoning above and backed it up with references.

None of this matters, since Carousel (Meg 375) was definitely a rejuve, but the best argument Dredd didn't have a rejuve until Carousel is that he didn't look any younger and went on moaning about getting old.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version