2000 AD > Website and Forum

photobucket shot itself in the foot

(1/3) > >>

sheridan:
Photobucket has changed its policies, and so images linked from forums such as this one now show the following text:
"Look who's popular. Is this your photo? Upgrade to Plus 500 for 3rd Party Hosting. photobucket"

Mods - feel free to move this post to a more appropriate sub-forum.

SuperSurfer:
I need to look into that. I checked out one of my old posts on this forum and I see an image I uploaded to Photobucket is still showing.

Been looking for an alternative as I've found Photobucket a right pain. But then again I shouldn't complain too much as I've been using it as a free service. I thought it was my ancient (in computer years) 11-year-old Mac struggling but I've read plenty of complaints from others.

Many an unentered last minute art comp drawing was (unfairly) blamed by me on Photobucket for going screwy when I was trying to upload in a mad panic. Happened once or ten times.

The Adventurer:

--- Quote from: SuperSurfer on 30 June, 2017, 05:46:37 PM ---I need to look into that. I checked out one of my old posts on this forum and I see an image I uploaded to Photobucket is still showing.

Been looking for an alternative as I've found Photobucket a right pain. But then again I shouldn't complain too much as I've been using it as a free service. I thought it was my ancient (in computer years) 11-year-old Mac struggling but I've read plenty of complaints from others.

Many an unentered last minute art comp drawing was (unfairly) blamed by me on Photobucket for going screwy when I was trying to upload in a mad panic. Happened once or ten times.

--- End quote ---

Its not free, but I pay $4 a month for Image Shack. And that continues to do me right.

Professor Bear:
I ditched PB when it started begging me to disable my anti-malware protections so it could spam me with advertising.  No problems with Imgbb so far.

sheridan:

--- Quote from: SuperSurfer on 30 June, 2017, 05:46:37 PM ---I need to look into that. I checked out one of my old posts on this forum and I see an image I uploaded to Photobucket is still showing.

--- End quote ---

I read a similar thread on an RPG forum I sometimes frequent (which I nicked the subject from) and almost immediately after saw the image photobucket replacement on a thread on this forum.  It's possible you're viewing a cache of an image you've previously seen.  Could be other explanations as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version