Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fortnight

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 18 February, 2024, 04:37:06 PMI have been informed that this turn of phrase is a bit homophobic.
I've been trying to twist this expression in my head in order to work out how it might be considered homophobic, and I've reached the conclusion that it just isn't, and whoever said this is wrong.

I'm all for cutting out inadvertent bigotry, but I just can't see it here.

The expression is meant to imply that a couple is fighting and that there is pent up sexual tension which could break out into passionate shenanigans at any moment. And, as we all know, a couple can be comprised of folks of any sex, sexual orientation, or gender. Doesn't even have to be a couple; the expression works fine with a group of more than two.

Someone explain it to me!  :-\

M.I.K.

Don't ask me, I was about to comment the very same.

Actually, I was just going to post the word "How?", but it amounts to pretty much the same thing.

The Legendary Shark

Agenda 2030 and The Great Reset are not the same thing. Neither are they "fictional."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/agenda-2030-delivering-the-global-goals
https://www.weforum.org/press/2020/06/the-great-reset-a-unique-twin-summit-to-begin-2021/

I don't know anything much about 15 Minute Cities as I've not studied the idea so can't comment.

Whilst many good points are made in this video, I think the presenter pours all "conspiracy theories" (whatever they are) into one handy bucket with "nuts" written on it, and implies that every "conspiracy theorist" (whatever that is) must necessarily support them all. 

She's bob-on about the phantasms, though, those bloody things are everywhere.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

The assertions made by the video's presenter was that these projects are the same thing and that they do not exist. Ten seconds on a search engine is all it takes to disprove these assertions. Yet the presenter makes these claims in her introduction; did she not think to check? Or did she just assume that because there are "conspiracy theories" around them, they must, ipso facto, be "conspiracy theories" themselves and chucked into the "Nuts" bucket?

Sure, make the argument that nutty theories attach to these projects, but don't deny their existence altogether. Because, if the presenter doesn't know what the projects are actually about, who's pushing them and why, how can she know whether genuine criticisms and concerns haven't been thrown into the "Nuts" bucket with everything else?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

judgeurko

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: judgeurko on 27 February, 2024, 02:06:51 PMSome real weirdos here

I blame the lack of news regarding a Dredd show myself.

Funt Solo

You've arrived on a rather special night...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Aye, you don't want to know what some of them get up to with their iPods and a block of Wensleydale!  :o

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tjm86 on 27 February, 2024, 03:46:17 PM

Aye, you don't want to know what some of them get up to with their iPods and a block of Wensleydale!  :o

Oy! I told you what happens in the Lawless Secret Hot Tub Party stays in the Lawless Secret Hot Tub Party!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 27 February, 2024, 02:14:12 PM

I blame the lack of news regarding a Dredd show myself.

That took me a minute, but I got a snigger out of it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

judgeurko

judgeurko

Quote from: Tjm86 on 27 February, 2024, 03:46:17 PM

dubious deeds.