Main Menu

'New' content in old Titan editions

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 March, 2021, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So I learnt this recently - from one of the more whiny, self-indulged Faciebook Groups, that does have really interesting stuff from time to time - hi if your watching, do you still watch? You certainly don't let me see if you watch bless ya - ANYWAY - from one of them there groups I discovered there are original story pages in the old Titan Book editons of the ABC Warriors. Which I don't think have been reprinted - is that right - that they haven't been reprint.

Tracked down a volume one - not in the best condition but nice hardcover with lo and behold 3 new pages of Kev O'Neill work serving as a prologue. Apparently Volume 2 has a three page epilogue, but I've not tracked that down yet.

So do folks know if there any similar 'new' material in other Titan editions? I remember the Cursed Earth volumes had some Brian Bolland splash pages in them, but its story pages I'm particularly interested in?

Any ideas?

rogue69

there's a 3 page story  from Pat Mills &  Kevin O'Neill which could have been used in a winter special, annual or a x-mas edition as it has  a slight x-mas theme. Howard Quartz takes Ro-Jaws & some ABC Warriors to the "Explo-21" arms fair and shows off the new Santa Claus robot along side the mk 10 ABC Warrior & to demonstrate it's power is put up against Hammerstein with the obvious outcome

Bolt-01

Colin - I'd offer to scan, but I'm not keen on opening the volume that wide - these things are showing their age a little now but if you really want I'll take some photo's and post 'em. They'll not be 'readable' but you'll at least get to see the work.

Colin YNWA

Thanks folks - don't need to see it as I'll almost certianly track them down now I know they exist. I was just wondering if there was any new strip content in any of the other volumes - so Robo-Hunter or Nemesis (I used to own the Nemesis ones and can't remember any) etc.

Dark Jimbo

The Meknificent Seven prologue and epilogue have definitely been reprinted - in the Rebellion paperback, the equivalent Simon & Schuster paperback, in the Mek Files ( I think) and in the recent Hachette edition.

If you've not already  read Ro-Busters, then they make absolutely no sense.  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

oshii

Nope, that's the only new content in any of the Titans.     Lovely bit of Kev O'Neil artwork.

alphadogau

It's not new strip but I think Brian Borland did a couple of one page star scans in the Cursed Earth books.
I'm not sure but I thought I read that there was something extra in the Slaine book they did but that might have just been the cover.
Are we there yet?

rogue69

There might be a extra title page drawn by Steve Dillon in their version of City of the Damned from the Chronicles of Judge Dredd series.

maryanddavid

Most of the earlier ones also had new frontispiece, those by McMahon in particular are great. I put a few on Hibernia's Facebook page a while back here https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=699329383511895&id=327287150716122

Colin YNWA

Oh man those are beautiful - but I'm only allowing myself to double (triple ... whatever) to get the Titan Albums for new strip content... for now... there is a Colin.YWNA who is loving collecting all the Titan Collections as I still think they are things of wonder... but that Colin.YNWA had better not be buying original art as well!

Thanks for all the feedback folks. For now I'll just try to track down that second ABC Warriors volume...

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Quote from: rogue69 on 18 March, 2021, 11:40:42 AM
Colin YNWA There's a copy for sale on eBay for $6.99  about £5 +£22.33 about £16 P&P

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-B-C-Warriors-2-Titan-Books-1983-TPB-8-0-VF-Rare-Atomic-Bacterial-Chemical/324523180182?hash=item4b8f16c096:g:0QgAAOSwM65gT8f-

Yeah saw that one the other day but decided to pass based in P+P from US - I had a quick look at Abe as well (well i got my Volume 1) - will be a little patient as this will come, oh yes this will come...

Dandontdare

Quote from: alphadogau on 18 March, 2021, 10:24:56 AM
It's not new strip but I think Brian Bolland did a couple of one page star scans in the Cursed Earth books.

Yes, there's a lovely image of mutants shopping in an old supermarket that I don't think had ever appeared in the prog

Magnetica

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 March, 2021, 09:26:17 AM
The Meknificent Seven prologue and epilogue have definitely been reprinted - in the Rebellion paperback, the equivalent Simon & Schuster paperback, in the Mek Files ( I think) and in the recent Hachette edition.

If you've not already  read Ro-Busters, then they make absolutely no sense.  :lol:

Yes they are definitely in the Mek Files.

The Corinthian

I'm not sure this was in the Titan edition, and its not quite the same thing, but the 'Losers' Leap' cliffhanger in The Cursed Earth is generally a full page in reprints but was truncated in the original Prog (with a single-tier Walter the Wobot strip filling the gap).