Main Menu

Interview with Dan Abnett

Started by broodblik, 30 July, 2021, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Don't think I've ever read a Dejah Thoris comic.

Will try one of Abnett's next time I pop into my LCS.

Dark Jimbo

Cheers, that's a great interview that covers most of his career. Lots of stuff about Tooth.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

That is indeed a great interview. Thanks for the heads up.

IndigoPrime

I somehow lucked into getting a complete set of Wild's End. Well worth it if you can find copies.

Rogue Judge

I have the comics for Wild's End volumes 1 and 2, but volume only came out in TPB (slightly bothersome) which I haven't gotten around to getting yet. Great series.

He certainly deserves all the credit/praise he receives!

Colin YNWA

Yeah just to echo that Wilds End is up there with his best work for Tharg. Highly recommended.

Funt Solo

QuoteThere was another one that I thought would be great and it lasted one story because everybody hated it, so you just don't know.

I wonder what this is referring to - and looking at what's been published it might refer to either Badlands or Sancho Panzer, both of which had a single run.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 30 July, 2021, 07:43:46 PM
I have the comics for Wild's End volumes 1 and 2, but volume only came out in TPB (slightly bothersome) which I haven't gotten around to getting yet. Great series.

He certainly deserves all the credit/praise he receives!

The first two volumes came out in floppy comic form, volume 3 was only released in TPB, is what I meant to say.