Main Menu

Here's How to Get Yourself An Icon.

Started by karne, 18 May, 2003, 01:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

Well if you haven't already sussed out what the "HELP" link is for, or just can't be arsed to look, here's a refresher...

Step 1. Choose your icon.

Icons are 32x32 pixel gifs. There are many examples on the 2000ad website already. To find out the name of the icon you want, right click on it and check the properties.

If you can't find a suitable icon, or have one of your own that you would like to use, send the image to binaries@2000adonline.com Animated gifs are permissible, but should be no larger than about 5k If you can't create one, ask on the message board and someone may make one for you if they can be arsed or are not too "busy".

Icons will usually be uploaded to the site the same working day, assuming they are sent while Wake is on site, So don't expect to be able to use them instantly.

Step 2. Follow the link to the database chat room.

Step 3. Type /icon then the name of the icon you want.

Step 4. Find a message on the message board you have previously posted to check. If you have not previously posted just reply to any of the messages already there.

Step 5. You should, if you haven't b*llocksed it up, now have your icon.

Anything else?

Dounreay

Alternatively you could break into a Russian Orthodox Chuch and blag one.

CraveNoir

Icons? We don' need no steenkin' icons. Pale grey squares unite!

> Anything else?

I know how to get an icon but what if have one then decide I don't want one at all? Do I /icon to a file that doesn't exist? In which case do I get the grey box again or do I get a red cross? I like the grey and might want to return to it. Sure, I could have a grey square as an icon but then it would appear in the thread bodies whereas, by rights, I should have no icon at all.

Do you see my problem? (Other than the fact I'm a difficult bugger.)

Something Fishy

would anyone mind making a new animated icon for yours truly?

Richmond Clements

I was thinking about attempting an animated icon myself. If I can be arsed and am not to 'busy'.

Is there any software that would make it easy for a non techie like me?

karne

Paint Shop Pro 7 has a feature called Animation Shop which I can recommend.

Richmond Clements

I'm not promising anything, but I may have a go.

Thank you yet again, Karne.

Something Fishy

was that for me or Rac Karne? or both? or none or oh i'm so confused again...

were are me pills.. i need me pills.

karne

That reply was for Rac your Fishship, but don't worry, there'll be something nice in the post heading your way as from about lunchtime tommorow.

Something Fishy

Thanks Karne, thats really cool of you (both).

Richmond Clements

Karne's a really nice guy, ain't he?

You should give him a title, your kingship.

Something Fishy

He is certainly worthy but i'd have to be sure its something he wants.

Would you like an honour Karne?

Perhaps Baron Karne most honoured nice bloke to the kingdom of fishdonia?

karne

Baron. Hmm, I like that, but do you think it might make me sound infertile?

Bolt-01

Karne: If you do take on that title, be sure to wear your best suit.

'coz if your going to 'be' impotent......

rotts

Queen Firey-Bou

"but i'd have to be sure its something he wants."

aye, imagine having a cubord full of unwanted & lurid honours that you had to get out & use at Christmas just to keep the arch monarch happy.

d'you think that happens in engerlandshire? like one day that jimmie Savilles out for lunch with queen liz &  has forgotten his 'sir' d'ya think she'd pass comment or just seeth quietly ?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:1QFk59YMV9UC:www.celebrity-pics.net/dp/files/1-9.jpg">