Main Menu

A communications disruption can mean only one thing...

Started by karne, 14 June, 2003, 05:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

...that the bloke who "fixed" our PC is a total c*nt. Yes a c*nt of the highest order and I shall tell you why as you gasp in disbelief at a tale so terrible you'll pray it's not true. Unfortunately it is though.

A while back Mrs karne and myself had to replace our motherboard and decided to go for a more expensive one. Mr C*nt said he could get hold of one and fit it for us for around eighty quid, but when he fitted it, it went to sh*t in a second. He said he could replace it for a better one, but at an extra cost of thirty-five quid.

After Mr C*nt had replaced our motherboard we started having problems with our graphics card so he said he could get hold of another one for us and fit it for twenty-five quid. Our modem recently started playing up, so we had another bloke, who wasn't a c*nt look at it. Can you guess what he found?

I'll tell you what he found, a thirty f*cking quid motherboard with an onboard graphics card. Yep that's right, Mr C*nt charged us a hundred and fifteen quid for a thirty quid motherboard and an extra twenty-five quid for a graphics card we already had built in.

Now knowing the law, we can't actually name him or mention the high position he holds or where he works (oh yes, we're not talking back street here, moonlighting yes, but back street no). We can't even take legal action because he never gave us receipts, so I guess the moral of the story is as usual "tool-up and take it to em!"

As you may have guessed, Mrs karne and myself will have to continue with the meagre appearances until we can either get the modem fixed, a proper upgrade or a total build, it all depends on the diagnosis. Also, I'm currently posting from my little sisters house and am unable to access my e-mail for some reason, so if anyone needs to contact us urgently, just leave a message on the board until further notice.

Back as and when.  

Quirkafleeg

You wanna buy this bag of magic beans?

Richmond Clements

I've got the deeds to the Tower of London here...

Seriously, Karne, shit luck there.

James

Get down there and start shouting. If it is a High Street store then lose this fucker his job over it. He's obviously some scamming bastard and would do the same to you in a second.

James

Gimme a shout if you need some back-up. We'll go down mob handed.

judge dreddd

go to pc world in future. nowts free... to be honest though, he probably didn't even know about the on-board graphics... mr 'i know a bit about computers like' are always crud....

if your really angry then find where he lives and throw paint over his car at 3am... never get mad... get even... wait a while though otherwise bit obvious eh ?

Queen Firey-Bou

Nay luck Mr & Mrs Karne, you haven't missed much cos i not been around much.

Computer fixers are like what machanix used to be like, happy to blind us with techno babble and full of Sh*t, parasites praying on the confusion of new technology.
Theres this woman whos set herself up around here as the techy guru doing web sites , softwear fixy jobs teaching etc, she gets paid thousands & thousands...when basically she does f*ck all, lies cheats scams her way thru it all, i once noticed her web pages have no meta-data, so asked her a techy question about it...she just looked blank & fobbed me off, doesnt even know what it is. Ladies & gentlemen there are a lot of bullsh*tters out there, beware.

look forward to seeing you karney pair back asap.

Roundy

I wouldn't trust PC world either, as they will try to sell you stuff you don't need, and it does not seem to matter with them if you have the receipts or not. A mate of mine has had loads of trouble tying to grt his money back on a faulty scanner.  So life is shit, then you die!

paulvonscott

Karne, quite simply go to the police.

Explain what happened and what he did.  Even if they can't prosecute, they are bound to pay him a visit and ask him what he is doing.

No, you may not have reciepts, but you've been the victim of fraud as much as the granny who has had her drive forcebly tarmacced by travelling thieves.

This IS a criminal case and you should simpy go to the police station and report it.  From my experience the police are genuinely helpful people, are interested in stopping crime and on your side.  Tell them you've been the victim of a fraud and explain the case.

If you don't, it will just happen to the next person.

Slippery PD

Yep go to the police.  

I hate people who give tradesmen a bad name.  Im and IT professional, I wish I could spell that.  At times I do hire out my skills to others (othe than the conglomerate I work for) and things like this give us all a bad name.  

Id prefer and to let you have the bad news, sorry I didnt realise.  Im not sure  if I can fix this, etc.  Rather than delude people that I am any good at all.....

Yer Slippo

The Enigmatic Dr X

Have to agree - clients have asked me if I can do anything in circumstances like this, and the best bet is to go to the filth.

Then they go round and hi-ex the scumbag.

However, the thing here is that the conman doesn't know you've cottoned on to his game so soon. So, the first thing I'd advise is that you phone him, say you're giving him "the benefit of the doubt" (that gives him and out), ask for your dosh back and say that if you don't get it then you'll grass him to the police.

This tactic can work. The only issue is whether you object to him knowing you are going to the police. But bear in mind if you do go to the police then he'll figure out it was you who told them anyway
Lock up your spoons!

karne

I considered going to the police on this, but he carried out the work around january and I didn't find out about it until the other bloke opened it up in front of me so where exactly does this put me from a legal point of view?

He also built my sisters and my mothers PC's and it looks like he's had their eyes out too and I've talked to a few other people who have had builds/repairs carried out by him as well and the feedback is so far less than positive, but if they'd all be willing to make a complaint I suppose there's strength in numbers.

I have also been told that a chat with the Inland Revenue might also be a very sensible thing to do.

Anyway we should hopefully be hearing some news about our PC tonight or sometime tomorrow, so we've got our fingers crossed till then.

judge dreddd

Bolt-01

Something Fishy

our industry is plagued by tossers and cowboys sadly.

sorry to hear it Karne.

judge dreddd

Theres this woman whos set herself up around here as the techy guru doing web sites , softwear fixy jobs teaching etc, she gets paid thousands & thousands...

perhaps you should set up in competition bou