Main Menu

UK Dane's game...

Started by Dog Deever, 29 August, 2006, 04:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

What happened to UK Dane's 2k game based on Urban Dead?
Did I miss it?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

DavidXBrunt

I was pondering that myself. I'm working on the theory that it takes some time to sort something like that out...

ming

He's obviously moved on to greater things - hence the recent beta test version of Mega-City Mornington Crescent on the board...

ukdane

Due to a busy summer schedule, I've had to put the game on the back-burner for the time being.
I expect to restart in the middle of September, because I won't have enough time before then.

The status of the game is such that the basic structure now exists, and I've entered the long process of inputting data, and programing that data (for example, creating lists of items, the effects they have when used, and the "rules" of using them).

I want to finish this game, as it's been an enjoyable learning curve (and can easily be adapted to future games),  but, that said, I'm doing it in my free time and not being paid, so please be patient and bare with me a while longer.

Cheers
Daney
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Is there any help we can be? Creating tables for items etc?

Bolt-01

ukdane

Necropost.

Just to confirm that this game died a death. Due to not working on it over a long period of time, and not keeping sufficient notes, I lost my way, and I'm pretty sure the files have all but been deleted now.

However I have just restarted playing Urban Dead.
Is anyone else still playing U.D.?

If anyone is, and fancies a meet up, then make your way to Peppardville. Giddings Mall just fell (overnight), and Fort Creedy is in zombie hands.

"Raise the dead."
Cheers

-Daney

soggy

sorry I am staying in the Smith Arms for now, we just got the beer taps working again.  :lol:

Bolt-01

Wow- long time, no post UKD. UD? Might see if I can find my access codes- got four folks over there methinks.

ming

Heh, I'm in the Smith Arms (Lamport Hills) as usual.  Also have a couple of Necronauts (remember them?) kicking about; one in a factory just SE of Giddings...

Nice to see you, Daney!

:)

ukdane

Might make my way to Smith Arms- Lamport Hills then, I need something to do, and I can't take Creedy on my own.

That being said, the areas surrounding Lamport Hills are pretty hot with Zeds right now.
Cheers

-Daney

ming

Come on over, Daney - if you're dead, just wait 1S of Smith and I'll revive you (hospital, PD and nearby NT all fine, and Bale Mall is up and running, I think).

ukdane

Man, I got infected and killed overnight.

I'll make my way north.

Edit: I'm now at Within Drive, and I need a revive :-)
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Got a zombie making its way through Shearbank. Should be in Lamport over the weekend. Names Fr1day...