Main Menu

what is really in that box !

Started by judge dreddd, 06 September, 2006, 10:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judge dreddd

Aspicus

After all the effort those muties and the old judge went to, it's got to be some Milk Tray

pauljholden

It's a MacDonald's, McMuffin, isn't it?

-pj

WoD

Woolly

I still think its a dog turd.
Maybe with an accompanying note that says 'Judges Suck!'.

Dark Jimbo

A boxing glove on a spring. The judge who opens it had better watch out...*

*Possible alternative - a custard pie on a spring. The old gags are the best, as Gant and the muties were all too aware.
@jamesfeistdraws

LARF

seriously I think it's the truth.

I think the whole judge system was created on a myth and in reality the first judges were ex-cops or suchlike that took to power and created, via Fargo their own brand of justice, dismissing a democratic system that could have existed.

Jim_Campbell

"It's a MacDonald's, McMuffin, isn't it?"

I think you'll find it's a McDonald's Maguffin, actually ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jared Katooie

It's a bit of Fargo or one of his relatives.

That's why it's refrigerated - to keep the meat from going rotten.

JOE SOAP

>I think the whole judge system was created on a myth and in reality the first judges were ex-cops or suchlike that took to power and created, via Fargo their own brand of justice, dismissing a democratic system that could have existed.

Isn't this what happened anyway?

Wils

It's a bit of Fargo or one of his relatives.

Nads of Justice!

LARF

"Isn't this what happened anyway?"

That's what I mean. What if there really was a democratic vote to elect a new type of judge system, but not the one that came about, and Fargo 'forced' the existing judicial system onto society. What if they scuppered the vote, told lies and basically (because they believed it would work) systematically killed any would be opponents in order to force their rule. In essence they broke the law to make the law.

Also point in question, when the judges came into power society was a post apocalyptic mess that needed firm justice and therefore the judges were deemed acceptable. But now is it a case of the Justice dept. being part of the cause as well as the cure. Their brand of ultra-violence and excessive sentencing in relation to crime in turn creates a response from perps to be 'tooled up' to reply to what they might get on the streets. Remove the power of the judges and create democracy and a more liberal justice system and social care system and crime would gradually abate.

Yours Total War.

yup.

LARF

judge dreddd

Oddboy

Inside the box there is a mint condition copy of "JUDGE DREDD: ORIGINS" trade paper back... Dredd then learns that his entire life was prophesied to an amazing level of detail by a mysterious green alien known as 'Tharg' over one hundred years previously...
Better set your phaser to stun.