Main Menu

Instant. Design. Classic.

Started by Jim_Campbell, 15 September, 2006, 03:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

Any manufacturer that creates an original product and brings it to market first ends up with a market share of between 58 and 80% in the first ten years, so i don't think that Apple have not much to worry about - unless they majorly fuck up.

Opaque - I really think that it's pointless Microsoft bringing the Zune out. The market is already flooded, iPod has become the Walkman of the day and quite frankly what's to stop Apple modding the iPod with a bigger screen just like the Zune. As for the FM tuner who really gives a shit, it's a radio whoopie do...

Jim_Campbell

"what's to stop Apple modding the iPod with a bigger screen just like the Zune"

Don't forget, there's the touchscreen video iPod allegedly waiting in the wings.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

LARF

"Don't forget, there's the touchscreen video iPod allegedly waiting in the wings."

Ooooh, nice.

LARF

http://www.theapplecollection.com/design/macdesign/images/iPod_5G.jpg">

IndigoPrime

"Allegedly" being the operative word. Frankly, I wonder whether this product exists at all. If it does, it's going to do away with one of the major advantages of the iPod lineĆ¢??the tactile quality of the controllers. Simply put, you don't need to look at what you're doing. With a screen-based UI, that won't be the case, and you'll also end up with fingerprints everywhere.

opaque

I agree with Larf, it's pointless bringing it out, Unless it's like half the price.
All these are getting to be near identical these days.

The radio for me would be nice, I've barely listened to any since my little radio packed up and I just listen to mp3's to and from work now. But it's not that important!
The only way Microsoft will gain market share is to make them ridiculously cheap. Which they won't do.

Jim_Campbell

"The radio for me would be nice, I've barely listened to any since my little radio packed up and I just listen to mp3's to and from work now. But it's not that important! "

Griffin and, I think, Belkin both make fairly inexpensive FM tuners that you can add to your iPod.

Of course, if you want to preserve the Appley-pureness of your 'Pod, you'll want the official version.

I have to say that, for me, the most remarkable thing about owning an iPod has been the speed with which it supplanted my stereo. I literally never play CDs any more. Buy 'em, rip 'em and back in the case with 'em.

Since my wife and I have substantially different tastes in music, as long as I ensure there's a fairly representative sample of stuff she likes on there, running the iPod through the stereo speakers on Shuffle saves an awful lot of arguments!

Cheers!

Jim

Link: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/6764042/wo/Ke3dCAsWpkGn3LlZ0Ia1PtrGxYV/5.0.21.1.0.8.25.7.11.0.3" target="_blank">That would be one of these

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/MA070_screen1.jpg">
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.