Main Menu

worst comic purchase

Started by Dandontdare, 10 May, 2008, 11:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

My worst in recent years is definitely the first issue of the new Evil Dead series from this year. I thought the combination of Evil Dead and John Bolton would be marvy. How wrong I was. An awful, AWFUL script and some very poor art from Mr Bolton.

scutfink

Didn't John Bolton do the Adap of Evil Dead III back in the day?

That was pretty swish IIRC...

Tiplodocus

Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator.

Dreadful in ways I can't begin to describe.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

satchmo

I'm with Chris, Camelot 3000 is an absolutely shocking comic. How can something that looks so good be so utterly shite?!

Tiplodocus

I'm not even actually that impressed with the way some of CAMELOT 3000 looks these days.  I think some of the character and vehicle design work in it is very, very poor.

Morgan Le Fey is still sexy as hell though. Not quit eon a par with Helen Mirren but very nearly...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Oh lord, why did someone have to remind me of Top Ten v.2.  It was like finding Book 4 of Halo Jones on the shelves, only to discover it was by Fleischer and Liefield.  

Radbacker

oh crap, thats depressing about Top 10, one of my favorite MOore comics and just finished re-reading yeaterday then started on Smax.  V2 is that the same as Beyond the furthurest Reaches or is it actually a Season 2 of the characters we know and love?

CU Radbacker

Adrian Bamforth

I read Top Ten The Forty-Niners a while ago, some of it was good though I was just frankly shocked at the poorness of the time travel themed sequence in which a newspaper headline is shown through the time portal, only later be shown to be the complete opposite of what it appeared to say as some of the words of the headline were cut off at the sides. What was Alan Moore thinking??

I also was disappointed to read the original Book Of Magic GN - just a big load of waffle, then at the end of each chapter Tim meets another magic bloke and they go on about magic again for the next chapter.

Dunk!

I brought a copy of Yummy Fur many moons ago, in a vague attempt to expand my comic reading horizons.

I tore it up as it was just such pointless shite it offended my teenage mind!

Don't know if it would today, but don't want to put my money on the table to find out.

Glad i never bothered with Top Ten v2 as the first run is perfection IMHO.
"Trust we"

starscape

Yummy Fur was excellent!  Thing is, it's just one big story rather than loads of little weird tales.  Takes about 13 issues to find that out though.  Amazing when it does.

satchmo

I used to love Yummy Fur, but it's very much of it's time and doesn't read as well these days as other comics of the time like Hate.
Since then Chester Brown did a series called Louis Riel which is fantastic, a true story about 19th century Canadian politics as exciting as the end of Supersurf 7 :)

JimBob

Checked and the title was  "Top 10: Beyond the Farthest Precinct (2005), a mini-series by Paul Di Filippo and Jerry Ordway, set five years after the events of Smax." or to paraphrase "Top 10:Crap on a stick"

starscape

Yummy Fur

"The Man Who Couldn't Stop"

'Hmm, can't seem to stop'

Brilliant!

Rio De Fideldo

Kind of comic book related the Virgin Dredd novel the Hundredfold Problem is just unreadable.  

Dennis the complete and utter sadist indeed!

SuperSurfer

Needless to say, I didn't go for issue 2.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Rom-1.jpg">