Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 June, 2015, 10:12:06 PM
My Zbox arrived! The Dredd badge alone is worth more than the £19.99 price (the only reason I bought it!), so everything else is just gravy:

Zavvi must have had a surplus of Dredd badges.
They're giving one away free with the next Zbox too; http://www.zavvi.com/zbox/dredd-movie-badge-prop-replica/11088030.html

ZenArcade

I don't give a damn, that is still the best photo that has ever been posted on this or any other 2000AD related forum. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Quote from: James Dilworth on 19 August, 2015, 05:26:25 PM
The 1995 Stallone Mega Epic would cost $125 million in today's money.

Reckon you can still see every penny on screen.

Quote from: ZenArcade on 21 August, 2015, 07:06:57 PM
I don't give a damn, that is still the best photo that has ever been posted on this or any other 2000AD related forum. Z

I love the way it just naturally pops up every couple of years. It's up there with "that photo of the bloke kissing the bird's arse" and Andrew Neill in a vest with an exotic young woman

JOE SOAP

Quote from: James Stacey on 18 August, 2015, 11:13:34 AM
Apparently Mr Urban was out drinking in Cardiff on Saturday, the same day Commando Forces chooses to visit our fair town. Coincidence ?

Karl Urban denies $16,600 Cardiff bar tab, seeks legal advice

GordonR

Quote"...Karl even walked back to Park Plaza with no security"."

"Hey!  There's that guy.....you know - whassisname - that's had all those flop star vehicles!"......shouted no-one at all in Cardiff that night.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: GordonR on 22 August, 2015, 06:09:14 AM

"Hey!  There's that guy.....you know - whassisname - that's had all those flop star vehicles!"......shouted no-one at all in Cardiff that night.

Writers...there's a cruel streak in you isn't there? That said do famous people get charged more than the rest of us? That sounds a bit galling to me. You'd think people would be happy to give a few freebies for good customer relations rather than say 'Aha! You're someone off the telly so I'm going to charge you more you rich bastard.' Course they might have picked up the most expensive champagne etc but, £7000?! Seems  a bit steep to me for several bottles of Vino de plonk.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

GordonR

I'm just highly amused by the idea that this club owner thinks the guy whose next film role is playing the dad in the remake of Pete's Dragon needs security to go out in public.

James Stacey

Quote from: GordonR on 22 August, 2015, 02:05:43 PM
I'm just highly amused by the idea that this club owner thinks the guy whose next film role is playing the dad in the remake of Pete's Dragon needs security to go out in public.
Park Plaza is part of the same building as my office is in. The road we are on (Greyfriars Road) is pretty rowdy at night, I'd advise most people to have security walking down here of an evening.  :D

Keef Monkey

Quote from: GordonR on 22 August, 2015, 06:09:14 AM

Well he is Bones in Star Trek, and also had a decent role in LoTR. Those are both moderately successful franchises.

GordonR

Yes, but I said 'star vehiclles', and he's not the star of those films.  No-one - except maybe Karl Urban's mum  - went to see LotR because he was in it.

Every film he has been the star of - Doom, Pathfinder, Dredd - where the career intention has been to launch him as a lead actor in action roles  - has flopped.  A downgrade into TV lead actor also flopped.

Again - next role, third banana part in the Pete's Dragon remake.

Dunk!

Wait...they're remaking Pete's Dragon?

Gawd, improve my childhood why don't you!

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Professor Bear

Good as he was in Star Trek, that series is arguably not doing too great either, despite its obvious high profile.  Apparantly when they were spending buttons to make Trek movies they didn't have a problem turning a profit - once they started spending 200 million on lens flares, not so much.

IAMTHESYSTEM

What a great interpretation.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla