Main Menu

The Four Dark Judges... Plus nine more?

Started by ming, 11 February, 2014, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

[spoiler]Judge Stigmata......Judge Sludge.....and Judge weird blank space thing.[/spoiler]

Pish.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Professor Bear

I think you're being unduly harsh - this is the US market we're talking about, so they likely appraised the material and thought that since Dredd is just a masked crimefighter, he needs some supervillains to fight.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Professor Bear on 13 March, 2014, 03:39:12 PM
since Dredd is just a masked crimefighter, he needs some supervillains to fight.

And there's plenty to choose from without inventing judge LowerBackPain, or Judge Papercut, Judge IBS,
Judge Whitestuffthatgathersatthecornerofyourmouthwhenyouarede-hydrated, Judge Judy, or whatever.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

COMMANDO FORCES

There is a Judge Judy in the latest issue!

Judge Judy Janus ;)

Ghost MacRoth

Damn....forgot about that!   :-[

Ok, replace her with Judge MouthUlcer.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 March, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
There is a Judge Judy in the latest issue! Judge Judy Janus ;)

The character every fan was waiting to see! Seems odd to even bother with one of the many obvious Anderson analogues hacked out by other writers to avoid stepping on Alan Grant's toes.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 13 March, 2014, 05:58:24 PM
The character every fan was waiting to see!

Millar's most enduring contribution to the franchise.  Like, rilly.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2014, 06:43:11 PM
Millar's most enduring contribution to the franchise.  Like, rilly.

It doesn't do to analyse the alchemy that created Dredd's greatest adventure - Inferno - too closely, but I tend to think of Morrison as deserving all the credit for Janus. Baldy certainly scripted most of her appearances; however, I expect it took the chipmunk-like Millar's input to create such a well rounded and original character. You're right, though - Janus aside, I can't think of a single character or storyline originated by Millar which other writers have picked up on in the intervening years. Not Red Razors, not Crusade, not Book Of The Dead ...

Professor Bear

Didn't Titan make reference to Purgatory and Inferno?

Frank

Quote from: Professor Bear on 13 March, 2014, 07:23:14 PM
Didn't Titan make reference to Purgatory and Inferno?

... and Judgement Day, thanks to the reference to the drop-suit. I didn't mean Millar's work had been written out of continuity, just that no story he contributed to the strip has served as the springboard for another story and no character he originated (Janus aside) has cropped up since. Given the way everything from the Kleggs to Kazan have been strip mined for inspiration by the not-Wagners, I suppose the early nineties must be up for some fracking in the near future.

Goaty

Trout

Quote from: Goaty on 13 March, 2014, 08:37:36 PM
Still waiting for Judge Goaty...

You know what? The funniest thing is that could happen.

Skullmo

Quote from: sauchie on 13 March, 2014, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 March, 2014, 05:47:49 PM
There is a Judge Judy in the latest issue! Judge Judy Janus ;)

The character every fan was waiting to see! Seems odd to even bother with one of the many obvious Anderson analogues hacked out by other writers to avoid stepping on Alan Grant's toes.

I quite liked Janus.
It's a joke. I was joking.

TordelBack