Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

An index at the end of the series would be great

robert_ellis

I love the mystery about future volumes. I was quite excited about the similar DC comics collection until I realised all the volume titles were listed (and they weren't including their classic stories). It's odd to enjoy being kept in the dark - and my knowledge of 2000ad isn't good enough to guess what might be in Target Dredd etc. This series has been fantastic so far despite repro problems and printing glitches.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 October, 2015, 09:37:29 PMmy knowledge of 2000ad isn't good enough to guess what might be in Target Dredd
"Judge Joe Dredd is hurled back in time and lands in 1980s Minnesota. Out of range of Justice Dept, being very old, and without any hope of returning home, he finally manages to get a job at a large discount retailer."

robert_ellis

Did I imagine a story where Dredd comes to our time. Was it ok - I read the odd issue but maybe it was a feverish dream. It seems a bit Star Trek

I, Cosh

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 October, 2015, 10:35:38 PM
Did I imagine a story where Dredd comes to our time. Was it ok - I read the odd issue but maybe it was a feverish dream. It seems a bit Star Trek
The Exterminator.

You didn't imagine it. It wasn't completely awful but it certainly wasn't a high point of the last 38 years.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Um-hmm, it was supposedly a repurposed script Wagner had intended for a DH Terminator comic. And I think it shows. But it still isn't by any means an actual stinker, just a bit... Odd.

Hawkmumbler

Herm. Not read that one, which case file can it be found within?

Greg M.

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 13 October, 2015, 11:23:41 PM
Herm. Not read that one, which case file can it be found within?

CF22. When I was reading it on a weekly basis, I really didn't like The Exterminator - it works better in one go. Still not great, but more manageable.

Fungus

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2015, 02:45:18 AM
The Simping Detective has the following inside.

Gumshoe
Crystal Blue
Innocence A Broad
Playing Futsie
Fifteen
Petty Crimes
No Body, No How

The we get DeMarco P.I.

Ways To Die
Deep Blue Death
The Fierce And The Furious

Good, I'd be surprised if Jokers To The Right featured, as per the ALWAYS reliable Wikipedia... that would have suggested duplication in the MC itself - in Trifecta. Can't have that.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Crystal Blue, Innocence: A Broad, Dorks of War, Playing Futsie, Fifteen, Petty Crimes, No Body, No How and Jokers to the Right

Apestrife

I really hope Trifecta comes with The Heart Is A Lonely Klegg Hunter (perhaps Scavengers also). Would love that. Especially if Trifecta will act like a last chapter to the epics of the collection as whole, making for a very nice send off. Klegg all happy like  :D

Hawkmumbler

Heck, has it been a year since we last saw Sensative Klegg? Bring him back, I say!

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 October, 2015, 09:37:29 PM
I love the mystery about future volumes. I was quite excited about the similar DC comics collection until I realised all the volume titles were listed (and they weren't including their classic stories). It's odd to enjoy being kept in the dark - and my knowledge of 2000ad isn't good enough to guess what might be in Target Dredd etc.
My guess is that one story we'll see is the Ron Smith one where the Mega-City mobsters are getting fed up of Dredd foiling their schemes and try to variously kill him, get him to ride the wrong way up a one-way street and (again) kill him in new and bigger ways. 

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 October, 2015, 10:35:38 PM
I don't remember the Exterminator.  There was the one where he followed Death to Eastbourne and lots of eldsters had heart attacks (induced either by Sidney or more naturally).

Steve Green

There's a virus encountered on the first commercial spaceflight to Mars - it has been dormant and crops up in Dredd's present day - he is sent back to kill and dispose of the infected (innocent) passengers in New York of the present(ish) day.

BPP

Quote from: Apestrife on 14 October, 2015, 03:02:49 PM
I really hope Trifecta comes with The Heart Is A Lonely Klegg Hunter (perhaps Scavengers also). Would love that. Especially if Trifecta will act like a last chapter to the epics of the collection as whole, making for a very nice send off. Klegg all happy like  :D

Titan has to be the last epic. Runs well over 20 issue and has the whole Rob Williams verse of characters running around. Plus it's all Flint, all the time.

Probably my favourite Dredd story of the last 20 years.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd