Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Buttonman on 29 February, 2016, 10:53:41 PM
I disagree! Urk was a nice slow witted Klegg who wasn't evil but that's no defense against breaking the law.
I'd never thought about it before, but it does mean that Urk is a kind of precursor to Sensitive, in that he's not just a one-dimensional meat-hungry alien mercenary.

Shame there's no sign of the appearance of Kleggs in Ace Trucking Co :-)

abelardsnazz

I found Klegg Hai! to be a bit of a mixed bag. I couldn't get into Maelstrom or The Corps, and while John Smith's version of Dredd's world is usually a pleasure to visit, Meatmonger seemed to run out of steam a bit for me. There's fun to be had with The Kleggs, Love Hurts and THIALKH, and I hadn't read the original Trapper Hag story in a long long time.

Overall, one of the less satisfying issues, in my opinion.

Eamonn Clarke

Bragging time. The cover to the Necropolis edition is from an A3 sized commission that Carlos did for me a year ago.

Carlos contacted me to say that they were looking for a piece of black and white art to use on the cover and could they use my commission and I was happy to say yes.

dweezil2

Awesome news eamonn and what a fantastic cover it makes too!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

robert_ellis

Great Necropolis cover! Can't wait to see it in the wild.

IndigoPrime

I felt the same about Klegg Hai! Too many weak stories, not least The Corps, which was every bit as dreadful as I remembered. Maelstrom was better but messy from a storytelling standpoint. Trapper Hag was good, as were the Sensitive Klegg strips. Some nice Siku art ('Dreed' aside), but overall a bit hmm. Not Heavy Mob bad at least.

abelardsnazz

Issue 32 has been announced as The Pit. Excellent news.

robert_ellis

It'll be great to read the Pit again. Where do these announcements come from?

moly

After the pit its judge death lives followed by anderson Childhoods End

IndigoPrime

Quote from: robert_ellis on 07 March, 2016, 08:12:19 PM
It'll be great to read the Pit again. Where do these announcements come from?
Their Facebook page drip-feeds this kind of stuff.

robert_ellis

Thanks - I found the older stuff in the Klegg volume hard going. It seemed to be more of a "spot the Klegg" hunt with some stories being almost Klegg-free. Sensitive Klegg however is genius.

Geoff

Chris Weston's art on the two part Sensitive Klegg story is just ridiculously good!

Tjm86

Quote from: moly on 07 March, 2016, 08:34:53 PM

I have found the order of the dark Judges stories a bit peculiar.  Having Death Lives as the last of the volumes rather than the first? 

Also been thinking about what else might be in the Childhood's End volume as the story isn't that long to my recollection.  IIRC there was a series of stories in the Meg with Anderson wandering, having rejected MC1 at the end of CE.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tjm86 on 08 March, 2016, 06:27:14 AM
Quote from: moly on 07 March, 2016, 08:34:53 PM

I have found the order of the dark Judges stories a bit peculiar.  Having Death Lives as the last of the volumes rather than the first? 

Also been thinking about what else might be in the Childhood's End volume as the story isn't that long to my recollection.  IIRC there was a series of stories in the Meg with Anderson wandering, having rejected MC1 at the end of CE.

There's also Young Death to come, issue 40-something I think.

I'm guessing that the next Anderson volume will also include the Postcards from the Edge series which followed Childhood's End, the Facebook announcement seems to indicate that.

Tjm86

Postcards From The Edge - that's the stuff I was thinking of.  Wasn't that the first reboot of the meg?  Long time since I've read those.  There we go.  Always better when it isn't quite so fresh (Okay, I'll give El Maldito an 'exception' there).