Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAZINOAH

Will any of the DC and Dark Horse crossovers be included in the Collection?

DarkDaysBish-OP

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 03 April, 2016, 12:10:57 PM
The Pit started as I tuned out for my wilderness years, for reasons lost in the mists of time. It's a great series of stories, and as Matt Smith says in the intro, ushering in modern-day Dredd. Personally, and this isn't to detract from the other artists, I think I'd have enjoyed it even more if Carlos had drawn the whole thing - he captures the gritty atmosphere from the off. It's all great stuff though.

It would have done wonders for my stress levels if Carlos could've drawn the whole thing! But some stand-up work by Lee & Alex helped keep The Pit in the prog for 30 weeks non-stop.

Gus W

Quote from: BLAZINOAH on 04 April, 2016, 05:07:11 PM

I believe not

Apestrife

Quote from: BLAZINOAH on 04 April, 2016, 05:07:11 PM

They'v said on the fb page that neither Dredd v Aliens, Batman will show up in the collection.

Jade Falcon

I'm not really sure what to think of that.  Some of the crossovers were okay in comics, but I think it was getting to a stage with some that it was the flimsiest excuse.  Since some of the Dredd universe books aren't actually Dredd (Hondo City, Devlin Waugh etc), I've been wondering if we'll get Helltreckers as part of a collection.

Finally finished the Pit and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Always good to see more (so to speak) of DeMarco, she's an interesting character.  I get the feeling Dredd is willing to give her a little slack, but just a little.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

robert_ellis

Finally cracked and had to subscribe to the MegaCollection - The WHSmiths on my commute were no longer stocking the books. I was pleased to find my subscriber number in the mid seven thousands. I hope this indicates healthy enough sales. I really enjoyed The Pit - I wish Demarco could be reinstated as a judge - they certainly need the numbers - I don't find her P.I. Stories as interesting as those of a maverick Judge.

Jade Falcon

So what is the next book, is it PJ Maybe or the Judge Death one? 
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moldovangerbil

It should be Judge Death Lives based on the last 2 I received.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

The Monarch

I would assume the contents of the pj maybe trade and the uncollected ones leading up to his appearance in day of chaos?

Thats a guess though

terryo

In Australia we are about 6 months behind. I know that the DEATH LIVES book is coming, but I'm also tempted to get the IDW Dark Judges hardcover (containing about 2/3 of the same content... all of the Bolland and Ewins stories). The coloured Bolland pages that I've seen online look beautiful. Anyone see both books? Any comparisons or advice?

dweezil2

Quote from: terryo on 10 April, 2016, 10:09:57 AM
In Australia we are about 6 months behind. I know that the DEATH LIVES book is coming, but I'm also tempted to get the IDW Dark Judges hardcover (containing about 2/3 of the same content... all of the Bolland and Ewins stories). The coloured Bolland pages that I've seen online look beautiful. Anyone see both books? Any comparisons or advice?

Not received my Judge Death Lives Mega Collection volume yet, but I can confirm that the IDW coloured collection is a fine tome!

It's missing that beautiful Dark Justice strip obviously.

Go for both maybe?  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

terryo

Go for both maybe?  ;)
[/quote]

Thanks mate. Eh... I shouldn't do both... but it's Bolland... SO PRETTY...

Jamie1000013

Something I've always wondered do the Lawmasters have sirens? I'm guessing not but during The Pitt book where someone gets melted in a van, you see WOOOOOOOaw as the bike starts up but not sure if it is a siren noise.

Not really getting into Klegg HAI! bit of a chore to read at the start and kind of confusing to read Maelstrom.