Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

Ha, I don't think there is even 150 volumes of Dredd verse material in total. Close maybe.
I still maintain that an extra 20 volumes would ensure we got everything worth having although whatever they do it is clear that the bulk of the one part Dredd tales from the Prog and Meg will never go further than the Casefiles. Shame, as even though truth be told there is as much dross as gold in those short stories there are many gems we will miss out on.

James Stacey

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 August, 2016, 10:27:15 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 01 August, 2016, 10:24:17 AMI was expecting the last issue of the Marvel partwork this month and instead get 2 issues, and the news its been extended from a run of 120 to 150.
Good grief. That one's never going to end, is it?
Yet again I'm tempted to jump off but probably wont. Suckered me good

IndigoPrime

With Dredd, I'll just be happy when #80 lands. It's such an unlikely collection anyway, given that everything else in this space (outside of crafts) is either wildly popular shows like Doctor Who, or big-two. If it continues beyond, I'd happily continue paying for the books though.

As for Marvel, I ended up selling my set. That nixed all temptation to continue! (I kept Howard the Duck, and that was it.)

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 August, 2016, 01:54:22 PM
With Dredd, I'll just be happy when #80 lands.

Shit! I thought it was up to 60. Still. It's Dredd. I'll allow it  ;)

The Monarch

You...thought oit ended at 60 when the latest volume we have so far is 77? :lol:

Richard

The series had better include Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The monarch on 01 August, 2016, 09:15:12 PM
You...thought oit ended at 60 when the latest volume we have so far is 77? :lol:

:-[

I've only actually read 3 volumes so far and haven't paid too much attention to the spines.
Mea culpa.
Still more Dredd goodness is fine with me  :D

Dash Decent

Quote from: Richard on 01 August, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
The series had better include Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee.

Or even the other way around, even!

(A completely understandable error of course!)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Judge Smudge

I asked the guys at my local comic book store in Leeds...OK Comics...they reckoned 80 volumes would probably be about the limit, unless they decided to spread out from Dreddverse and start doing Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog et al and other 2000ad favourites

IndigoPrime

They'd be mad to stray from Dredd and related stories in this series. As much as I'd like a set of 2000 AD hardbacks. (That said, how would you even do that? Nikolai Dante hardbacks would be wonderful, say, but it'd be pointless without the entire run.)

Trent

Agree, Dreddverse has more mileage in it than 80 volumes but a 'Best of 2000AD' (Nikolai Dante hardback, Flesh Book 2 with colour centre spreads, Journey to Hell with colour centre spreads etc) while the stuff of dreams for users of this forum would be totally impractical unless they miss the last 15 to 20 years which has seen far more serialised stories which need to be collected in their entirety.
Admittedly much of this is from Mr Mills who started the process with Nemesis all those years ago.
Oh, and it would likely be a sales stinker sadly, only Dredd seems to hit anything like mainstream.

Judge Smudge

Yeah your right, can you image how many volumes  nearly 40 years of creative activity would fill if they decided to do as much as was possible in hardback. If they did what collections would people most like to see in hardback?

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Judge Brian on 28 July, 2016, 07:13:12 PM
Any idea what's in issue 44 & beyond?

The Facebook page has posted the cover of issue 44, Dark Side of the Moon. Cover is by Brian Bolland, from (I think) an Eagle comics reprint cover. Credited: John Smith, Rob Williams, John Wagner, Gordon Rennie, Paul Marshall, Peter Doherty, Laurence Campbell, Brian Bolland & Ian Gibson.

So contents will include some (all?) of the early prog Dredd Luna-1 stories, and the Smith-penned reappearance of the zombie counterpart from City of the Damned. And the rest, any guesses?

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

Huh. That was originally down as #80. Looks like those forward lists aren't so accurate then.