Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 October, 2016, 05:43:41 PM
The next two have arrived today.

They have indeed. Looking forward to reading them in the year 2025 when I catch up.

COMMANDO FORCES

Not took the cellophane of them yet, busy with other Dredd related things  :lol:
Just know that 07 is Young Death and 57 is Calhab Justice.

Tjm86

Quote from: Apestrife on 07 October, 2016, 06:25:39 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 07 October, 2016, 05:43:41 PM
The next two have arrived today.

Young Death? "A Night in Sylvia Plath" in that one :) ?

Just Boyhood of a superfiend and my name is death.

This is a pretty disappointing month with two sub par offerings.  Hey ho.

The Monarch

Am i the only person who likes calhab justice?!?

Apestrife

Quote from: Tjm86 on 07 October, 2016, 08:32:16 PM
Just Boyhood of a superfiend and my name is death.

This is a pretty disappointing month with two sub par offerings.  Hey ho.

No Gunderson and Walter? Perhaps saved up for the inevitable Walter the wobot volume then.

moly

As their is some speculation about the run being extended when do hatchet normally announce additional issues, as Rhein Facebook seem to be hinting this could be the case

Michael Knight

Monarch you not alone, I love Calhab Justice! Cant wait to pick this volume up from my thrill merchant. Seems there be some stories i havnt read in here as my knowledge is only from the recent meg reprint.
I really do wish we saw more of the different World Judges, especially those of the Emerald Isle and Cal Hab especially when so may readers hail from there. Just see the letters pages in 2000ad and the Meg.  :)

dweezil2

Quick question!

Has the Lawmaster schematic appeared as supplementary material in the collection yet, and if so, which volume?

Cheers!  :) 
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

abelardsnazz

Not seen the Lawmaster schematic so far, the supplementary material is usually a covers gallery and an article or interview. There have been a few sketches, my favourite being Bolland's ideas for the Dark Judges. But no Lawmaster as yet.

dweezil2

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 09 October, 2016, 01:50:18 AM
Not seen the Lawmaster schematic so far, the supplementary material is usually a covers gallery and an article or interview. There have been a few sketches, my favourite being Bolland's ideas for the Dark Judges. But no Lawmaster as yet.

Cheers dude!

It's on the Mega Collection home page, so may be just a promo image or possibly it'll be used in a future volume exploring Mega-City tech.

Thanks for the info!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

abelardsnazz

No worries.

Just finished Tour of Duty: Backlash, and a great volume it is too. Dredd delivering the law to the Cursed Earth while machinations are at play back in the city make for some great storytelling with some stunning art. Looking forward to the other two volumes of the story.

The Monarch

So is the death in the cursed earth part of vol 7 too?

robert_ellis

Death - The Wilderness Days is in there.  I really enjoyed Young Dearh - the casual sadism is really quite horrible. I loved the Doomlord link mentioned in the Intro. I wish Dark Justice could make it into this collection. Maybe it can if the series gets extended...

Davgardo

I have always wanted to read Young Death and it hasn't disappointed: Wagner at the peak of his powers and Doherty hitting the ground running. A good volume overall (and yes it does contain My Name is Death AND The Wilderness Days).

Calhab Justice on the other hand......this has got to be the worst volume yet. Klegg Hai! and Heavy Mob, while not great, contained decent enough back up strips to make them worthwhile. Here though all we've got are very average Ennis efforts. John Ridgeway is, as always, brilliant but the scripts and the Lol artwork are poor fare. While I can understand the desire to produce as wide a range of strips as possible, it's a crying shame that we'll be missing out on great stories and art at the expense of this substandard set. The first volume I've regretted spending money on.

James Stacey

Yeah Calhab being included was an eyebrow raiser. It was pretty much the nadir of the meg in my eyes (except maybe The Creep) so to have it at the cost of some great earlier stories is odd.