Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

listening to the pod cast it seems that the extension to 90 will be the last one

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: moly on 09 August, 2017, 05:25:09 PM
listening to the pod cast it seems that the extension to 90 will be the last one

Thank goodness for that.

moly

I think if the 2000ad collection is successful it could go one for a lot longer

Apestrife

Quote from: moly on 09 August, 2017, 05:36:07 PM

A bit easier as well. Since a story doesn't need to be Dredd world to feature in it.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: moly on 09 August, 2017, 05:36:07 PM

I don't mind that, and would actually welcome it. At least it would not be competing for money in my wallet like these two will be.
Food is for wimps anyway and I could stand to lose some weight.

Jade Falcon

I enjoyed Insurrection well enough, however to me though it felt like a damned good story it didn't feel like a Dredd story if that makes any sense.  The WH40k similarities seemed obvious at times.

Will we be having more Orlok stories?  There was one I can't remember the name of, it was where Orlok escaped (again) and came to MC-1 seeking out Anderson.  I have a funny feeling it was a post Childhood's End story.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Apestrife

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 09 August, 2017, 10:26:26 PM
I enjoyed Insurrection well enough, however to me though it felt like a damned good story it didn't feel like a Dredd story if that makes any sense.  The WH40k similarities seemed obvious at times.

From what I've heard, I'll think of it as an elseworld story. A bit like Heavy metal Dredd, the inferno book and such. But in a better way. Like a legend.

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 09 August, 2017, 10:26:26 PMWill we be having more Orlok stories?  There was one I can't remember the name of, it was where Orlok escaped (again) and came to MC-1 seeking out Anderson.  I have a funny feeling it was a post Childhood's End story.

Those are in the two Doomsday books and Satan's island.

Michael Knight

Has the extended spine art been revealed since announcement Dredd collection is being extended?

Klegg Bait

Quote from: Michael Knight on 10 August, 2017, 04:35:53 PM
Has the extended spine art been revealed since announcement Dredd collection is being extended?

It'll form a hand holding money.   :lol:

robert_ellis

The spine art is a perfect continuation by Patrick Goddard. I'd say more but I don't want to get him in trouble.

Swerty

Mattofthespurs

jabish

Has anyone seen the Insurrection volume in any London shops? I've called into Forbidden Planet a few times over the last few weeks and no joy.

Anthony Garnon

Quote from: jabish on 13 August, 2017, 10:03:54 AM
Has anyone seen the Insurrection volume in any London shops? I've called into Forbidden Planet a few times over the last few weeks and no joy.

They definitely had it as that's where I bought mine. Generally they sell out of most issues after a few days now. At a guess they're ordering less, or the demand is higher.

(Some issues do linger a wee while longer. Poor Missionary Man)