Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Helltrekkers vs. Stickleback Rd 3 Heat 62

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 June, 2022, 06:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So here we are final week of Round 3 and quality here will set us up well for what's to come. There are some stunning ties here and a proper local derby to really add some flavour - I was so chuffed when this one was drawn as it's a right good tie (you'll only have to wait until Tuesday...). Round 4 will be coming soon (Monday next week I imagine!) and it's going to start to get super tough... or tougher at least!

Well breathers can only last so long in round 3 and we're right back at the hard stuff. Helltrekkers is a forgotten classic that seems to be getting re-evaluated of late. Had a decent tussle with Ten-seconders last round. Things though will be harder here, as it will be for its opponent Stickleback didn't have much of a challenge in Round 2 facing Harmony. Tough one to call this.

Helltrekkers - more info

Vs

Stickleback - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 2nd  July and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

I like a lot about Stickleback and it may well win here but I think nostalgia has pushed Helltrekkers across the line for me.

rogue69

Aaron A Aardvark

Not a fan of Helltrekkers at all. Big fan of Stickleback.

Stickleback.

Dark Jimbo

I'm a bit baffled by the continued renaissance of Helltrekkers. I mean... it's fine. I've had some issues with Stickleback occasionally, but it wins this match-up.
@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

sintec

Helltrekkers is fine in a grisley death of the week kind of way but it isn't in the same league as Stickleback

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

In these instances, the only way to scientifically choose is to place both series on the side table for a couple of days and record which one gets picked up first/ most.

Helltrekkers.

SBT

Proudhuff

Quote from: sintec on 29 June, 2022, 09:49:22 AM
Helltrekkers is fine in a grisley death of the week kind of way but it isn't in the same league as Stickleback

This ^^^
DDT did a job on me

Timothy

Funt Solo

I'm going to quote myself:

"Although this tale, heavy on the melodrama, proved risible for a portion of the readership, the concept of helltreks and radwagons became a staple motif of Dreddverse lore. Often seen in the background (in, say, Alabammy Blimps, and as the denouement of the modern classic The Heart Is a Lonely Klegg Hunter), or as the kernel of a wider investigation (as in The Raggedy Man and Ratfink), the concept was also used as the core structure for the Missionary Man fable The Promised Land."

So, it's The Helltrekkers, for me, please, Bob.

---

*whisper it* I never liked Stickleback - the character design put me off. It's just too abstract.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++