L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Did anyone else think it was a bit of an anaemic version of Brit-Cit in the latest Dredd strip?  Usually the artist has a bit of fun with the buildings, there's a bit of old London peeping out from between the huge city blocks, etc etc.  This could have been MC-1, were it not for the snow.

Or is it just me?

Smiley

Didn't help that the Brit-Cit Judges had that X on the visor either.

Oddboy

I'm more with Smiley on this one - I didn't notice the buildings, but I did notice the helmets...
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

I was more worried about the apartments in the white cliffs of dover.

1.  The Cliffs were transported to Mega City, although, you could of course argue that would leave a fresh set of lciffs behind.

2.  Buildings in chalk.  Yes.  Very safe.

Conclusion, it's a synthetic cliff.

longmanshort

Have always had a beef with Brit-Cit uniforms looking too much like MC1 ones, and Brit-Cit looking a bit too MC1 anyway. I always preferred a design that Chris Weston did for the Judge Dredd: Legends of the Law series but, sadly, it never saw print (though I have the original page ;P) Which had a much more British flavour to them and weren't an MC1 judge uniform with a lion instead. And the bikes - why would they be like Chopper-style Lawmasters? Surely they'd be something more akin to a Norton bike? I still think there's much more mileage in Brit-Cit than has so far been done, just a shame the recent 'set-in-Brit-Cit-but-could-be-anywhere' Armitage has been so poor visually ...

Anyway, /rant off ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

paulvonscott

Erm, do modern day policeman ride Norton bikes?

I suspect not.

I liked how the brit uniforms were the same basic thing, but a bit brit.

Dudley

You could argue that that reflects the realities of a country (Britain) virtually colonised by America already.

House of Usher

It was definitely the helmets that looked wrong to me.
STRIKE !!!

longmanshort

Erm, do modern day policeman ride Norton bikes? I suspect not.

No, but neither do American police drive big chopper-style bikes like Dredd does ...

I only mentioned Norton as an example of a more British-style motorcycle, but you could as easily have Triumph or some such ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Wils

Although they *were* an improvement on the John Ridgway Brit-Cit Judges in the last Armitage story, who looked like they'd all been dunked in blue paint.

"Judge Smith - Yves Klein Division. You're under arrest, pal."

Proudhuff

Blue paint? Woad surely!

Shirley Sumistake

DDT did a job on me

Max Kon

I didn't notice anything, maybe because I havn't read to many brit-cit stories. I did like the hover bikes though.