Main Menu

Who's going to die next?

Started by Dominic O'Rourke, 30 August, 2002, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Why does everybody keep thinking Dredd is going to die? Admitidly Rico is in the wings waiting to fill the boots but I can't see that happening until Wagner decides to retire from writing. Dredds death would be the perfect swansong for the man. Now look at the deaths of other major comic characters Superman & Batman. The death storylines created massive PR for DC but reader interest dropped with the replacement characters. The same happened with Spiderman. Who gave a shit about Ben Reily or Azarael in Batman? Nobody, that's why the originals had to come back. It was all a cheap marketing ploy. I can't see 2K or Wagner doing that to Dredd. Ok they did it with Necropolis, but I can't see em dooing it again! The problem 2K will have to solve is the time line they imposed on the series as it does make the characters age in real time.

JTurner

Surely nobody believes that Dredd will die before the release of the Shoreline films and the computer game...

I did earlier suggest Dante, but maybe it will be Anderson. She's certainly runnning out of steam. Unless of course Anderson features in the game or the films.

moly

why not slaine again his new story starts xmas say a year worth of new stories then chop

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Grant Goggans

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Grant Goggans"Might've been Niamh.
Thinking about it, 18 months might suggest that Slaine was really supposed to kick the bucket at the end of The Books of Invasion, but they changed their minds along the way.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

I wasn't reading back then, was it a genuine possibility that Dredd might die?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Godpleton"I wasn't reading back then, was it a genuine possibility that Dredd might die?
It doesn't seem that way to me, but I've read it all the wrong way round. This was around the time that the new Rico was getting a lot of build up and a story like Leaving Rowdy was fresh in the mind so there was a strong "changing of the guard" idea floating around.
We never really die.

Judge Kirby

my money is on nikolai dante. its been 12 years (ish) hes getting ready to fight the Tsar. all the pieces are in place.  :twisted:

Goaty

Quote from: "Judge Kirby"my money is on nikolai dante. its been 12 years (ish) hes getting ready to fight the Tsar. all the pieces are in place.  :)

TordelBack

Judge Kirby

Quote from: "Goaty"
Quote from: "Judge Kirby"my money is on nikolai dante. its been 12 years (ish) hes getting ready to fight the Tsar. all the pieces are in place.  :)

I was gonna say spectacularly but tordalback beat me to it. i hope he goes in Jenas arms but probably taking out The White Army is some magnificent explosion after having killed the tsar.  :shock:

Goaty

Quote from: "Judge Kirby"
Quote from: "Goaty"

I was gonna say spectacularly but tordalback beat me to it. i hope he goes in Jenas arms but probably taking out The White Army is some magnificent explosion after having killed the tsar.  :)

Judge Kirby

and dont forgot about both of his brothers? :x