Main Menu

X Men 2 trailer verdict

Started by Mangamax, 13 February, 2003, 02:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Fox have gone ahead and rushed out a new version of the trailer to go with tomorrows release of Daredevil. And bloody good it is too - far more excited after watching that than the Hulk one, or Matrix 2 and even more than Spiderman. Far too much to go into but highlights are: Collosus changing in to metal, Nightcrawler doing a "bamf", Mystique taking on the army and, best of all - this:
Wolverene outside the mansion with claws extended, surrounded by the army.
SOLDIER: "Drop the knives and raise your hands"
LOGAN: " I can't"
(just realised as i type this that it doesn't sound too good at all but trust me it does work on screen)
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

karne

I'm off to see DareDevil tomorrow, but everytime I've been to advance screenings they never show any ads or trailers :(

Last of the V8's

Yep, me too and they NEVER show trailers( shame) or ad's (hooray).

Buddy

I too am off to see Daredevil tomorrow.

Aparently the X2 trailer is to be shown with this preview screening. The reason being that FOX want lots of exposure of X2 to generate interest leading up to its release (I don't know when that is).

Can't wait.. Report back tomorrow.

James

"Collosus changing in to metal, Nightcrawler doing a "bamf", Mystique taking on the army and, best of all - this:
Wolverene outside the mansion with claws extended, surrounded by the army."

I just downloaded the trailer and it had none of these things...?

Am I missing something?

Could there be another trailer?

Will he get out on time?

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOR THE THRILLING CONCLUSION!!

karne

"Fox have gone ahead and rushed out a new version of the trailer"

Pay attention at the back there!

Mangamax

For shame. Any cinema that's worth its salt should be showing with Daredevil: X Men 2, Matrix 2, Hulk and Terminator 3. They're all readily available and, in most cases, are sent out automatically to cinemas.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Does that mean that cinemas choose what trailers to show? I never knew that. I thought film companies paid to have their trailer shown before a similar genre film (although it might explain why the Cineworld in Falkrik insists on showing romantic comedy trailers before every horror or sci-fi film).
Lock up your spoons!

Devons Daddy

ODDBOY will be able to answer this with aplomb.
Oddgirl is working for one of the big chains.
he is he man with the defintive answer.
though i imagine its down to how many shows a day against.lengh of movie me thinks.
or do you only see fox trailers with fox movies disney with disney perhaps?
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Oddboy

I think that it's a bit of both - some ads/trailers come with the film, others are tagged on by the guys in projection.

Saw the T3 trailer on the Moving Posters TM (telly sets in the foyer) in Kate's cinema on Monday before going to see 8 mile... Just some graphics & swirls of T and 3 but no actual footage... but I love the Terminator theme music so that was nice.

BOM BOM BOM BA BOM!
BOM BOM BOM BA BOM!
BOM BOM BOM BA BOM!
Da da daaaaa da da daaaaaa
Da da daaaaa - da dur daaaaaaaaaaa
BOM BOM BOM BA BOM!
Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

Devons Daddy

the trailer or odd boys karaoke session.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mangamax

Well, i AM one of the guys in Projection and the answer is - it varies from company to company. Was a time when it was down to the projectionist to choose which trailers went with a certain film but then a combination of chains (a) only wanting to show trailers for films that that particular site will have, (b) not to show trailers that are too far off (c) only show trailers from certain distributers and (d) some projectionists not having a clue what a films about and so sticking a trailer in regardless of suitability or certificate.
All the above are pet peeves of any Projectionist who's a film fan. Still, they're not asking to play "Piglets Big Movie" with Daredevil so it's too bad.

The Monarch

yup seen the trailer i didn't know deathstrike was in this one.

the trailers in todays daredevil showing were

equilibrium looks interesting

shanghai knights: cringe now they go to bloody victorian london fer chrissakes

matrix reloaded and revolutions: hee hee hee hee

x-2 looking foward to it

Last of the V8's

Trailers with Daredevil were Matrix Reloaded and the other one, X-men 2, Equilibrium with Christian Bale which looks cool.
Unfortunatly NO Hulk, T-3 or an other sci-fi type movie which is typicall of Cineworld Ashford. They definetly DON'T know their audience.