Main Menu

Mork Whisperer vs. Kreeler Conspiracy - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Relaunch: Gam

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 August, 2021, 06:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Mork Whisperer vs. Kreeler Conspiracy - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Relaunch: Game 05

Still playing catch up in the ReLaunch region, but our two match-ups today will see all the entries in this region have at least one bout. 

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Mork Whisperer - more info

Vs

Kreeler Conspiracy - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 13th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

My vote goes to Mork Whisperer.
It's a neat little story, whereas the Kreeler Conspiracy is mildy confusing reboot and it goes on forever.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

I love The Kreeler Conspiracy, even if it occupies a dubious place in continuity (i.e. it doesn't! ).
@jamesfeistdraws

Leigh S

Mork Whisperer for me - both young Johnny, but this one is the "real deal" 

Rogue Judge

The Kreeler Conspiracy

I might prefer the story of the Whisperer, but it comes down to a few fantastic splash pages by Carlos that gives Kreeler the win.

AlexF

Another tough draw! Just recently re-read the Mork Whisperer and it was proper good, had all the classic ingredients of westerns, bounty hunting, nasty rich villains and something of a happy ending.
But The Kreeler Conspiracy is to interesting an experiment to ignore, and it was SO exciting to see Strontium Dog back in the Prog with Wagner and Ezquerra in charge again. And it really holds up.

The Kreeler Conpsiracy.

Colin YNWA

Last day on this one so if you haven't and you fancy it get your votes in today. I'll count up in the morning.

Tough one this as both stories really have a lot to offer. I think in the end though The Kreeler Conspiracy does a LOT of heavy lifting in setting up the relaunch stories. Creating a sense of the stories before being just that and opening up possibility and does a very hard task incredibly well. The Mork Whisperer is just (ahem) a great Strontium Dog story. So on that basis:

The Kreeler Conspiracy

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Oh this groups is tight. The first vote was a tie, this one saw one strip take a narrow lead only to be pulled back at the end. Finally

The Kreeler Conspiracy

got it.

Points     Vote Difference
Kreeler Conspiracy        3                      2
Blood Moon                    1                      0
The Mork Whisperer      1                      -2

So this one goes down to a simple play off in the final match. The winner will take the group. And judging by the votes so far every vote will count!