Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, John. Seriously thinking of writing some sort of something about this place...

A tempting idea, Jim, but we'd have to hire a wood-chipper. Even if we did that, Dug would probably gum up the inner doings so we'd get a bill for repairs. Then the bloody police would no doubt stick their oars in and make things worse, as is their wont. Still, it's the thought that counts - and that thought counts as alluring...

Maybe one day Dug will thank me for teaching him how not to get clocked (he moves like he's used to it).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

lincnash

Tjm86

... and a fella without a shovel in his head is called ...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

Off to have a tooth out later.

This is the culmination of a saga that started back in November when one of my molars literally split in half after being messed up by the adjoining wisdom tooth. The dentist removed that, and in doing so damaged the tooth next to it. When that started hurting I went to the dentist no less than three times and they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so I just had to lump it rather than lose a potentially healthy tooth. Last year I remember taking a bagload of painkillers to Lawless.

I've never been so excited to go to the dentist!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JayzusB.Christ

I knew a Dug who was a bit of a moody and huffy bastard to work with too.

Good luck with the teeth, BB, there's no misery like dental pain.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 April, 2024, 01:08:01 AMThanks, John. Seriously thinking of writing some sort of something about this place...

A tempting idea, Jim, but we'd have to hire a wood-chipper. Even if we did that, Dug would probably gum up the inner doings so we'd get a bill for repairs.

From my reading of it, you have ditches and bonfires - no need for a wood chipper, either way.

paddykafka

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 01 May, 2024, 10:17:09 AMOff to have a tooth out later.

I've never been so excited to go to the dentist!

So long as your dentist isn't this guy, then you should be just fine.  :D

https://media.tenor.com/lIH7-0pIYdoAAAAe/marathon-man.png

Barrington Boots

Thanks all. Anti-climatically the tooth was not extracted - I was referred to another dentist instead for a possible surgical extraction.

I'm sick of it now and have made an appointment with a private dentist tomorrow for a consultation. It's expensive but I'd only spend that money on comics and records.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

JohnW

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 01 May, 2024, 02:03:55 PM...have made an appointment with a private dentist tomorrow for a consultation. It's expensive but I'd only spend that money on comics and records.
I broke a tooth not long ago and hardly noticed except when I spoke. Given that talking above a mutter isn't something I've been doing much of lately, it took a while before the inconvenience became evident.
Then last week I had to give a two-hour lecture, and found the jagged edge of the tooth scraping against the side of my tongue every time I rolled my Rs (which was a bit of a problem, given that the lecture was on the subject of the ragged rascal who ran round the rugged rock).
The dentist sorted me out and left me with a repaired gnasher, a rubbery numb face, and a hole in my wallet a hundred and thirty smackers deep.
I paid up like a weary aristo who's just lost the family fortune at the baccarat table. Then, seeing as I'd already spent so much money, I went and ordered a bunch of whatever Colin YNWA has been enthusing about lately.
Why not? It's only money.

(What's for dinner? Turnip peelings!)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

Luxury! I'm having soup made from the water used to wash the turnips before they were peeled.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 May, 2024, 04:33:45 PMLuxury! I'm having soup made from the water used to wash the turnips before they were peeled.

At least there's little risk of breaking a tooth on soup 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Hawkmumbler

My condolences to both Barrington Boots and JohnW, it's a conundrum I can all too easily sympathise with at the moment. After my annual dentist check up yesterday and recounting a nasty molar infection I had back in November it's been established all four of my wisdom teeth will need to be removed. 2024 continues to test me, the projected cost at a self fund rate had my eyes watering (£350 per tooth) as did a projected 4 year wait on the NHS.
I'm profoundly fortunate that health insurance through my employer should hopefully see it written off at a much reduced cost before the summer ends.

Teeth, can't say i'm too enameled with them at the moment.

The Legendary Shark

I don't wish to gnaw that, kindly teethe the stage...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]