Main Menu

MCM London October

Started by rogue69, 27 August, 2019, 11:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

MCM have announced their first major comic artist for the October con

Legendary comic creator George Pérez is to make his final UK convention appearance at MCM London this October, giving his many fans in Europe the chance to celebrate one of the industry's best-loved figures. Formally announcing his retirement earlier this year, Pérez has thrilled readers with his art for over four decades, drawing for a host of landmark Marvel and DC titles.

rogue69

they have now announced their second comic book guest
James Shooter writer, occasional fill-in artist, editor, and publisher for various comic books. He is most notable for his successful and controversial run as Marvel Comics' ninth editor-in-chief, and his work as editor in chief of Valiant Comics.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: rogue69 on 22 September, 2019, 05:59:54 PM
they have now announced their second comic book guest
James Shooter writer, occasional fill-in artist, editor, and publisher for various comic books. He is most notable for his successful and controversial run as Marvel Comics' ninth editor-in-chief, and his work as editor in chief of Valiant Comics.

Oh man I'd love to meet Jim Shooter (goes by James does he now?). Such a fascinatating man from what I read and really divides opinion. He used to write a wonderful blog about this time at Marvel and always struck me as honest in what he saud, even if it was from his own perspective.

rogue69

He still goes by Jim , I pinched the write up from Wikipedia that called him James

rogue69

Simon Pegg has just been announced

rogue69

Glenn Fabry is now attending

rogue69

John Wagner is now attending

rogue69

If anyone is at mcm John Wagner is selling some of his original Titan books of Judge Dredd for only £10 each

Dandontdare

so how was it guys -  Reports, photos?

Steve Green

Busy as usual.

Although it seemed to be a bit more evenly spread - previously comics village was a lot quieter, but good footfall.

Had a chat with John for a bit, seemed to be doing good business with the Rok trades while I was there on the Saturday.

Rebellion was in the other hall with the games side of things, although also had books/previews of the RPG figs. Again pretty busy. Picked up the Deadworld preview and a few copies of the Small House HB for other people.

The attendance and number of cosplayers makes navigating a bit of a chore particularly in the area between the halls where the food courts are.

Had my fill of cons in general these days, just a bit bored of pop culture.

rogue69

Kept mainly to the Comic Village had a great chat with John Wagner and picked up a couple of the classic Judge Dredd Titan trades he was selling from his own private collection. John Shooter was interesting to talk to listening to his stories about his time with Marvel both as the editor in chief and as a writer/artist. All of the artists I spoke to were great and on form especially Glenn Fabry, Mark Buckingham and Ian Churchill. Nice display of costumes from Doctor Who, Jason Mamoa turned up for awhile at the premier of his new TV series "SEE".
Bit disappointed that Rebellion/2000AD were only in the Gaming zone, but as they were there just to promote Zombie Army 4 they did have some TPBs for sale and free promo copies of a US comic of Third World War which had the first episode and "A history of the Third World Wars in Crisis" from the  Megazine issue 276. The Cosplayers became a bit of annoyance trying to get around  with them blocking most of the walk ways making it hard to get around