Main Menu

SPACEWARP - New Venture from Pat Mills

Started by Bolt-01, 05 April, 2019, 08:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

If you use your Amazon account on comiXology then you should have all your comic purchases on Kindle available on comiXology. If you have  a separate comiXology account then I do not think you will get your Kindle purchases
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Mardroid

Quote from: broodblik on 30 July, 2020, 05:09:12 PM
If you use your Amazon account on comiXology then you should have all your comic purchases on Kindle available on comiXology. If you have  a separate comiXology account then I do not think you will get your Kindle purchases

I originally had them separately as I created a ComiXology account before the company was bought by Amazon. When it was bought I had them combined, so I'm not sure what's going on.

This isn't the only comic to do this, though. I recently bought the Rise of Kylo Ren* on Kindle, and I was unable to download it on ComiXology either.

Come to think of it, that was a preorder too. Maybe it's a software thing concerning preorders?

Maybe I just shouldn't bother with preorders, where digital comics are concerned. It's not as if they'll run out or I'm saving money.

*Off topic, but since I mentioned it, it's not brilliant but it's not bad. A bit predictable, but it at least expands on the Knights of Ren stuff which didn't get much explanation in the movies.

Super Mario

I've got issues with some of the writing but I kinda love it anyway. The art is brilliant, the bonus introductory text pages are great and it's just impressive that Mills was able to pull the whole thing off.

Magnetica

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 July, 2020, 01:42:49 PM
The Comixology iPad app is pretty good, but this comic can also be downloaded in CBZ for use in Chunky. No idea if Kindle is a cross-purchase that's also DRM-free.

Dumb question - how do you download it in CBZ format?

I purchased the Kindle version and as broodblik advises it appears in ComiXology.

But I don't see how you export it into Chunky.

Funt Solo

Not sure if this is helpful, but I had to go to the "backups" tab in order to download a copy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Quote from: Funt Solo on 30 July, 2020, 11:37:27 PM
Not sure if this is helpful, but I had to go to the "backups" tab in order to download a copy.

I'm new to all this, so please bear with me-  where is the "backups" tab?

Funt Solo

No worries - I found it a hassle to navigate as well:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Thanks - so from your screen shot it looks like I have to do it from the website not the app. Will give it a try later.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 30 July, 2020, 04:11:04 AM
I was looking forward of reading this in one go but at the end I struggled through this. I was hoping this would be as stated classic 2000AD but this was not the case. What makes anthologies what they are is the diversity of the stories and here we do not have them since everything is built around the same universe. The overall premise is my mine gripe I just did not like the concept.

I seem to recall there was an idea that all the original line-up of 2000AD would take place at various points in the same universe - thus Invasion took place in 1999, Harlem Heroes in 2050, Dredd in 2099, Dare in 2177 and Flesh in um, 23rd century* I think?

* as well as the Cretaceous.

rogue69

The print version is due late October/ early November and Get My Comics are pre-ordering it for £9.99, with a signed bookplate for £11.49 and a limited edition personalised signed bookplate for £12.99

https://getmycomics.com/Release/Indie

GordonR

There's a teen-friendly price point that'll really bring in those young readers this is apparently aimed at.

Link Prime

Not the cheapest comic out there (especially with a fiver delivery charge to ROI), but what 2000AD fan is gonna pass up the personalized signed bookplate edition?

NB - The same website is also selling 'Shift' issue 1. Decided to give it a look too.

broodblik

I am not sure that today's teens like B/W comics.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Well, no, but then the people behind this long argued it wasn't just an exercise in nostalgia and was an attempt to dig into a market that wasn't currently well-served by existing titles. I recall Mills more than once referring to pocket money prices, such as when he stated that although the print price would be eight quid (now ten, judging by the above), the digital one would

Quotebe priced much lower, so it falls within a kid's pocket money range

The current lowest price I can find is seven quid, on Kindle. For a 68-page book, that's not dreadful (mini-IP's beans specials are around a fiver), but that doesn't sound like "much lower" than print, nor "a kid's pocket money range".

GordonR

Other than Pat's increasingly weird insistences to the contrary, there's not a single thing about this that suggests it's of the remotest interest to modern younger teens.

Its audience is solidly 40 and 50-something nostalgics.