Main Menu

Dredd 3D Digitial Comic Prequel Announcement

Started by Robo-K33F, 23 July, 2012, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

This August sees the release of a "DREDD 3D" digital comic prequel to the film, which will feature the first comics appearance of Ma-Ma -- the villainous prison warden played in the movie by "Game of Thrones" star Lena Headey.

Today, CBR News has an exclusive first look at the digital story's painted cover by Greg Staples. The final story, written by 2000AD editor Matt Smith and approved by Dredd's co-creator John Wagner and "DREDD" screenwriter Alex Garland, will feature the interior art will be by Henry Flint – a longtime 2000AD artist so associated with the character, his surname is used for one of the cell blocks in the film.
Ooops, Ma-Ma ain't a prison warden and Peach Trees ain't a cell block.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 July, 2012, 10:21:43 AM
Ooops, Ma-Ma ain't a prison warden and Peach Trees ain't a cell block.

Indeed. Something I pointed out to them three days ago. Still, accuracy has never been a prerequisite for good journalism... oh, wait...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pete Wells

Gregg has promised me four or five WIP pictures of the cover for my blog. I CAN'T wait!!!

Bolt-01

Cool. That will be somethng to look forward to. I wonder why John Wagner didn't want to script it himself, considering it will most likely be a very high selling and therefore high profile gig?

Mardroid

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 July, 2012, 12:22:37 PM
Cool. That will be somethng to look forward to. I wonder why John Wagner didn't want to script it himself, considering it will most likely be a very high selling and therefore high profile gig?

I think he's had quite a bit on his plate lately with Day of Chaos, and now he's scripting [spoiler]the Dark Judges tale and more Strontium Dog.[/spoiler]

radiator

Quoteconsidering it will most likely be a very high selling

Could be wrong, but I got the impression that it's going to be offered as a free download...

Large48

I want a proper paper copy as per Crossed for example which was the first 3D comic I'd read and was impressed with it even if I hate 3D TV and Films....  :o
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Steve Green

The strip itself isn't 3D though is it?

Was quite impressed with the work on Black Dossier's Blazing World...

SmallBlueThing

Large- dont tell me you didnt get the Eagle 3D issues, back in the day?! I can just about let you off not picking up Pacific Comics' '3-Dimensional Alien Worlds', with its 3D jubblies.

SBT

Pete Wells

Any sign of this yet? I'm rather excited by it!

Spaceghost

I've just won a 'copy' of this in a competition on IGN! They asked for my address so I assume they're sending me an actual paper comic.

I'm a right spawny get, me. First the Dredd showing in London, now this.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dodsy

If it's digital I'd like to know if it's going to be available on comixology so that everyone can get a hold of it or just the 2000AD app so only the apple users can get it.

(Unless there is a paper copy of course.)
Twitter - @dodsy84

Large48

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 July, 2012, 10:19:48 PM
Large- dont tell me you didnt get the Eagle 3D issues, back in the day?! I can just about let you off not picking up Pacific Comics' '3-Dimensional Alien Worlds', with its 3D jubblies.

SBT

3D Jubblies you say? I may have to check it out, also think I did get the Eagle 3D stuff, but still don't like 3D.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]