Main Menu

am i an idiot?

Started by VampiraJen, 26 November, 2006, 01:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VampiraJen

treated myself to a new printer, but the damned thing wont print.  it's a laser printer and i've never had one before so i don't really understand the mechanics of it.  it goes through all the motions but the pages remain blank.  i've done everything the manual told me to do, but still with the blank pages.  is there something you're suppose to do to make it all come together.  i don't think its a software problem, everything seems to be fine on that end.  i think it's a physical problem.  is there something i should do with the drum/toner/whatever that i haven't?

Please help......

.....whimper.......

The Amstor Computer

Check and make sure there's toner loaded - also worth looking to see if any seal on the toner cartridge is still on. Apart from that, dunno - maybe someone else with more printer experience can help?

Bico

Most of the time, the trouble's in the cartridges.  If they're out of the box with the printer, though, I imagine it's just a matter of the seal not being properly broken - the carts can be a bit tempermental about that.  Printing off small-press books every six months or so has given me only one piece of advice I can readily impart with any conviction when dealing with printers:  Hide anything that you could concievably use to smash the printer to bits, should you ever wish to try and do so - because you will.

Buddy

Yeah, check the toner cartridge.. if the cartridge was missing it would give a no toner error (probably). Check that all tabs/seals have been removed from toner cartridge.

What make is the printer?

Adrian Bamforth

Yeah, check the plastic strip is pealed off the printer cartridge. If it's still there then yes, you are an idiot.

Like I was.

ADE

paulvonscott

Yup, look at the instructions for changing a toner cartridge, often you have to pull away a made this mistake at some stage, even vampires.

Also, BEFORE  you do that, lightly shake the toner fom side to side in case the toner has settled.