Main Menu

A Rash of Good Covers

Started by paulvonscott, 18 July, 2007, 07:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

We've had some very good covers for the last few weeks and it got me to thinking that this has been a very good year... for 2000AD covers... a very good year... for thrill powered pics...

On the whole, they seem to have a bit more about them.  Just an observation.  In some voting for best cover I've picked between 2 or 3 faves.  It would be much tougher this time around.

paulvonscott

I meant to say, please add your own so far if you feel so inclined.

WoD

They've been very good, although a little more mature than recent in my opinion.  As I said in another thread, I'm having to hide the prog from the kid due to the cover.

JOE SOAP

Roger Godpleton

Pretty much as WoD said. My favourite cover that comes to mind is the Defoe by Vince Locke, which ironically I felt embarrassed to be buying because of the gore.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

When I was in hospital the cover of prog 1538 really cheered me up.(the close up of Dredds boots)
I really like this weeks provocative image too, when I bought it this morning the girl in the newsagents looked at it twice, which has never happened before :)

Richmond Clements

I'm with Satchmo on this one. The 'boots' cover has been my favourite one this year- and there have been some bloody crackers so far.

VampiraJen

i didn't like the defoe related one a few weeks back.  i t was very stiff looking

I, Cosh

At first I didn't agree but then I had a look back and all the ABC Warriors ones, the first Detonator X Flint's Greysuit and that lovely Jock one from 1540 have all been bloody good.

What chores?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=covers&page=progs&FirstProg=1518&LastProg=1566&MaxProg=1566" target="_blank">Covers of 2007

We never really die.

Peter Wolf

I will choose the psychedelic cover of 1544 then 1545 as a lot of work has gone into this cover to create that amount of realism.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

VampiraJen

my favourite from that bunch is probably still the first one, mark harrisons presidant booth.  ot says 'crazy guy gonna kill you all'.  i love it

Tiplodocus

Dredd BOOTS for me.

Just different.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Full of Flinty goodness. And its a wraparound?

How can it not be the best?

How?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Pete Wells

I've got the original artwork for that nicely framed above my monitor!

For me it's either:

Simon Coleby's baby cover;
Flinty's 50 years of Dredd;
Jocks Scots;
Percival's zombies.

All are lovely for different reasons! You're right Paul, it really is a year for great covers.

Pete Wells

Just if people missed it the first time, here is the (much better) uncoloured cover to prog 1536.http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_7767/subcat_41782/Dredd_wraparound_cover.jpg">