Main Menu

Resident Evil 4

Started by WoD, 20 July, 2007, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Yeah, handy way to make some money.

Bico

Fishy - Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Pikmin 1 and 2, Battallion Wars, Zelda: the Wind Waker (with free remakes of the N64 games).
Essential GC games.
I also thought the last Starfox outing was okay, if a bit brief - better than that platformy one that came out ages ago, at any rate.

Radbacker

Amstor - Thats the one
Fishy - another Cube game worth seeking would be Fzero, absolutly blisteringly fast, and pretty hard core on the later levels.  I still pull it out to play today when I want a bit of a rush(fun multiplayer too)

CU radbacker

VampiraJen

theres a beer mug that you fit red, green and yellow stones into it.  

a mask where you fit three coloured stones in as well.  

a cat statue which you fit three stones into the cats eyes.  

a butterfly lap that you put three cat eyes into from those nosferatu creatures.  

i think thats it for combos.  the rest of the stuff is just stand alone.

there will be a lot of small stones, like spinals.  if you take down a tough bad guy, like dr salavadore (aka cray chainsaw guy) where you get rubys.  you will also occassionally come over super expensive treasures, eg, golden chess set.

if you go into the treasure section and select to view the item, you get a wee description.  it usually gives you a hint if it needs to be combined.

i might have played this game to much.  but it ROCKS!!!!!

Something Fishy

Thanks for the Cube hints peeps.  I picked up Pikmin and Metroid Prime already (both seem fantastic thus on first impressions).

I'll look for some of the others.

Is the Rogue Leader series any good?

The Amstor Computer

Is the Rogue Leader series any good?

Gorgeous graphics for the Cube (and arguably still on the Wii) and some great Star Wars moments, but very standard gameplay. Buy cheap if you're a Star Wars/arcade flight fan, but don't expect groundbreaking gameplay.

Something Fishy

Thanks Amstor.  Saw one for eight quid so may try it.

mechanix81

Rogue Squadron 2: absolute nails, top quality

Rogue 3: Piece of piss, not much good.
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Rex Banner

RE4. IIRC when you kill the insect things the colour of the stone they leave behind changes based on the colour of their eyes.

Something Fishy

Saw number 2 for seven quid in town.  Might get it if still there.

mogzilla

recommend the resident evil remake and resi 0,also if you can find it check out KILLER 7 a totally warped out manga/tarantino shooter,plays a bit on rails but you will not care i rented it and never got round to buying it my mistake! trawling gamestation for a copy...

Satanist

Killer 7 really does deserve a Wiimake. Its almost designed for the controls.

Sorry for using the made up Wiimake.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Something Fishy

Killer 7.. heard of that.  Sounds good.

Peter Wolf

I have just tried this game out for the first time .It looks beautiful ,is very atmospheric,and i love the sound effects are also very good.

However the actual gameplay as in the way this character moves is just terrible.I dont like it at all.The worst i have ever experienced in fact.I dont like the controls and the worst bit of all is the feeling of the controls when looking around and turning around.Terrible.

*Why does the character have to stay rooted to the spot when using the knife? Absolutly hopeless really.Not enough ammunition either.Some might find this challenging but i just find it tiresome.

If i dont make reasonable progress in the first stages of the game ,its usually a bad sign that i wont enjoy it and i have played enough games to know what i like and dont like.

Back to the shop it goes otherwise its just going to wind me up too much otherwise.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

WoD

Keep going, get in to the mind set of the game and it will be worthwhile.  honest.