Main Menu

Contract/Gutsville: Signing Stuff In London

Started by El Spurioso, 03 September, 2007, 06:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Folks -

I'll be away on a beach for the couple of weeks immediately before this, so I thought I'd bounce-in with an early heads-up.

I'll be signing my novel Contract at the big Forbidden Planet superstore on Shaftesbury Avenue in London on Saturday the 6th of October from 1-2pm.  I think Frazer will be hanging around too to sign some Gutsville copies in stock.

The novel is only released on the 4th, so this'll be my first Pretending To Be A Real Author gig.  It'd be great to meet/catch-up-with/mud-wrestle any of you folks who can make it, and I'm pretty sure we'll repair to the pub as soon as the whole harrowing experience is over, if anyone fancies a beery natter.

Essentially I'm proposing an hour of hanging about among comics, shamelessly geeking-out, trading signatures, and then fucking-off for grog.  Helping me to not look like a desperate gimmer sat alone in a corner is a bonus.  Come!

Hope to see you there,

-s

Link: http://www.londonfreelist.com/details.asp?id=22279" target="_blank">http://www.londonfreelist.com/details.asp?id=22279

Peter Wolf

Does anyone know the background to Wulf Sternhammer and his relationship to Johnny Alpha ? When i was reading it was never explained not even in Portrait of a Mutant.

Wulf was one of my favourite characters in 2000ad as i liked his all round niceness as long as he wasnt pushed!.He seemed to all intents and purposes "normal" or as normal as can be expected.How did he become an SD bounty hunter?There must be a story that i missed out on and i am aware that he died sometime back though i know not how.

Can anyone help ?    Many thanks if you can.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

mechanix81

well since you were apparently too busy to make it to newcastle with Frazer (so he said...), any sign of a make good on that?
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

robprosser

Trout

Good luck with it all!

I'm too far from That London to participate, but let's keep bumping this thread up!

El Spurioso

I know, I know, you're sick of me droning on about this...

But just so you know: CONTRACT is officially released tomorrow.  Huzzah!

So... A quick reminder that Fraze and I will be mooching about in FP on Saturday (come have a natter, buy some stuff, get it signed), and if that's no good for you I'll be shifting a few comp copies of Contract and Gutsville 1/2 at the Brumcon.  w00t!

Keef Monkey

Really hope the launch goes great, I genuinely think it's a braw book and should be as widely read as possible. Can't make it to the signing but not being subjected to me gushing about how good it is in person is probably a good thing.

Steve Green

I should be able to make it - hopefully some other boarders can as well.

Cheers,

Steve

Noisybast

Finally managed to get hold of #2 today.
My local's beem a bit of a let-down distribution-wise...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Wils

I should be able to make it - hopefully some other boarders can as well.

I sadly can't make it, but could you throw things and heckle on my behalf? ;)

Steve Green

Me and my big mouth - my washing machine has died on me so a new one is being delivered on, yes, Saturday.

If it's done before 12:30 I'll be there - although usually I'll wait in and find it's been delivered over the other side of London.

Curse you Hotpoint...

- Steve

VampiraJen

But just so you know: CONTRACT is officially released tomorrow. Huzzah!

i realise you're the author and all, but are you sure about that?  amazon delivered it to me a week ago.

yeah, it alright.

naw, actually its really good.  i'm really enjoying it.

Steve Green

Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it - Currys estimate a delivery of between 2.30 and 6 which would be cutting it fine.

Sorry, Si, but Good Luck with it.

Cheers

Steve

El Spurioso

Thanks mate - not to worry.

Jen - yeah, Amazon have special dispensation to be a bit naughty like that.  But hey; they're shifting copies.  I'm not going to complain. ;)