Main Menu

Elder scrolls : Oblivion anonymous

Started by mogzilla, 29 August, 2008, 11:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Hello,my name is paul and i'm an obliviholic. I would like to get in touch with fellow obliviholics and share our addiction...

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
since i went next gen im never off the thing and have hardly completed any of the main quest. i'm fighter's guild master and grand champion of the arena,been kicked out of the mages guild once for killing a scamp(how was i supposed to know he was a member?) and the assasins guild (same reasondifferent monster_skeleton guardian) any way were all freinds now and i robbed some skingrad armour from under a guards nose.
i killed the underfryke thingy at the top of the mountain and killed my no 1 fan (stalker).

i am hoarding armour and swords in my hovel in imperial city andsome fancier stuff in my manor house.

any one else this hooked?
i have even let gta 4 lie gathering dust while i hack and slash my way round cyrodil.

Rebellion,team up with besheba and do a dredd world version...pleeease?

Satanist

140 hours in and still not completed the main mission.

Head of all guilds and I'm Mad God.
Was a vampire for a while but got better.

Have you got Shivering Isles expansion? Its brilliant.

I've been playing on and off for over a year now and am determined to complete it before Oct and the arrival of Fallout 3.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have it, and have heard similar tales and am scared to play it.

This coming from someone who has clocked up over 300 hours on Football Manager 2006.
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

I started and then had to stop...started again and had to stop...damn tempted to start again now though...

Richmond Clements

It's one of those games I keep wanting to play- but I'm scared in case it really is as adictive as everyone says!

Keef Monkey

I never bothered with it before because RPG's weren't my bag(apart from Mass Effect) but its so cheap right now I had to give it a bash. And its BRILLIANT. Usually I'm not keen on games that eat this amount of time without the story progressing but its months until anything comes out I want to play so I'm quite happy to waste away my life in Cyrodil. Even though I haven't done a great deal of the main story its all the little mini-dramas you get involved in that really make it for me, is a great experience and I can't wait for Fallout 3 now!

Have been away from it for a week because my 360 died but it got back today so reckon its time to get lost again. Have become a vampire which is turning into a bit of a shitter though, keep forgetting and running about in the daylight.

McMonkeyBoy

I thought I was alone in my 100+ hours of gameplay. I bought it for the PC but it conflicts with the SLI drivers for some unGodly reason!

I started up a new save on the 360 version last week after growing bored of "smash smash smash" tactics. Currently got a level 15 Illusionist named Androes who's spent about nine hours in the game making the guards kill villagers. #I've never completed Shivering Isles since I downloaded it always ended up chasing something shiny and slaying it. Got bored half way through the pilgramage for knights of the nine!
Done the main quest dozens of times so decided to leave it right alone this time so that I can face some stronger Daedra in Oblivion but if I hit around level 18 before I go in there it'll be Xivali country all the way!

What's the strongest weapon / spell that people have made?
So far Ive made a glass shortsword that does 20 fire damage, 20 frost damage and 20 shock damage. Its pretty strong(killed ogres in two hits)

mogzilla

shivering ilses are wierd! grummites dont look like much but can kick arse!
i love the madness armour (two sets,one hoarded.)
as to powerful weapons the amber and madness swords are good but the best is apparantly umbra sword in a temple thingy just outside imperial city "vintasle " or summat go west from the city and its around there. then just use the paintbrush glitch to get on the broken pillar and chuck arrows ,ranged destructionspells at the woman and shell pop it eventually the sword is a soul sword and is the best one can get according to the faqs. DO NOT fight her fair shell kill ya! i'm level 17 knight by the way.
Cant find a ghost on the bruma chorrol road any one know when to find him>?

McMonkeyBoy

Hes underground or something mad like that isn't he?

The Umbra swords powerful but you can make way stronger ones yourself. The Umbra swords strength depends on the players level which blows a lil.

mogzilla

level 20! left the assasins guild cos i felt bad being a cold blooded killer.I'm quite happy to rob your arse though!

also discovered how to enchant my armour with feather to carry more loot!!!

Keef Monkey

Just finished the main quest! Nice and epic, very dramatic. Will likely potter around trying to get top rank in the different guilds now (that seems to be where all the cheevos are to be had) while I wait for Fallout 3 to take its place in my heart. Might grab "The Shivering Isles" at some point too, its meant to be pretty damn good.

VampiraJen

Quote from: "mogzilla"level 20! left the assasins guild cos i felt bad being a cold blooded killer.I'm quite happy to rob your arse though!

also discovered how to enchant my armour with feather to carry more loot!!!

i thought the assassins guild missions were the best.  it's got some great twists in the story.  plus also, cool skeleton guard in the hideout under the well

really looking forward to playing Fallout 3 next month.  from what i can see it's like oblivion in a post apocalyptic future.

Satanist

Well that's it, finally went ahead and finished the main quest which means the game is done as far as I'm concerned. Going down to that there London next week so I'm going to pass it on to my mate. His wife will love that. :twisted:

Roll on Fallout 3.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Brownish

If anyone is suffering withdrawal symptoms after completing the main quest, it's worth checking out some of the very polished and creative mods on these sites:

http://www.tesnexus.com

http://www.planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com

I found it almost impossible to play at first because of the console-friendly way that all the enemies levelled up at the same rate as you did, but I installed OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) which makes it into a completely different game.

Oh, and there's a fairly detailed nude mod called 'EyeCandy Body Replacer', but I'm sure none of you chaps would be interested in that...

Keef Monkey

I dipped back into this the other night and my vampirism has annoyed me to the point that its a chore to play now, which is a shame.