Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

The Omen - I don't know why, but my wife really wanted to watch this one again. Very creepy still and Patrick Troughton is an excellent hysterical Catholic priest.

Daveycandlish

ARGO. Very good. Go and see it. That is all
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

P-BOT/1138

QuoteThe original Cabin in the Woods was a short film made by Sam Raimi and was essentially a prototype for The Evil Dead. No home video edition exists but Studio Canal own the rights, so a home video release may be on the cards with the Evil Dead remake coming out next year

aren't you thinking of 'into the woods'?
it was supposed to be on the last release of evil dead. but legal issues stopped that.
ive seen it and its not that bad.

P-BOT/1138

The original Cabin in the Woods was a short film made by Sam Raimi and was essentially a prototype for The Evil Dead. No home video edition exists but Studio Canal own the rights, so a home video release may be on the cards with the Evil Dead remake coming out next year

it was supposed to be on the last release of evil dead. but legal issues stopped that.

just checked. its called within the woods.

shaolin_monkey

I watched Asterix and Obelix meets Cleopatra, in Italian. It was ace! Gerard Depardieu is a star turn as Obelix. I loved the bit when [spoiler] Obelix kicked back one of the rocks from the Roman ballista, overshooting by several hundred miles, and taking out the pirate ship. [/spoiler] Classic!

Daveycandlish

I love the Asterix series with Depardieau os Obelix. I'm itching to see the new one - looks great!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Kerrin

7 Psychopaths. Great fun and a brilliant cast. Sam Rockwell chews the scenery in magnificent style and for a man with such a small part (snee hee, titter), Tom Waits is fucking majestic.

Don't get up and leave as soon as the credits roll, there's an extra little bit thirty seconds or so in to them.

judgefloyd

Skyfall - probably has its own thread here somewhere.  I thought it was very good, but not as awesome as various reviews had led me to expect - I think it got an unjustified boost due to people wanting the next movie to not be as disappointing as Quantum of Solace, the 50th anniversary and wanting Daniel Craig to be great.  It was good, but no threat to From Russia With Love.  Some of the character motivations make less sense than a chocolate hammock

Tiplodocus

The Avengers (1998) - Ralph Fiennes, Uma Thurman and Sean Connery.

Bonkers, barking and bizarre but not in a good way.

Probably not a good forum to admit this but I haven't seen much of the telly Avengers.

I was a New Avengers child so obviously when I watched a few episodes of The Avengers it all seemed a bit silly. 

But even I can see that this was taking many long strides away from the word "faithful".

Kudos for biscuit references though - not many blockbuster movies dwell upon macaroons.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

HdE

Finally saw The Dark Knight Rises, after my old man begged me to get it for him.

I did not hate it.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Goaty

Fight Club - fucking amazing

Charlie boy

Quote from: Kerrin on 06 December, 2012, 07:27:55 PM
7 Psychopaths. Great fun and a brilliant cast. Sam Rockwell chews the scenery in magnificent style and for a man with such a small part (snee hee, titter), Tom Waits is fucking majestic.
Don't get up and leave as soon as the credits roll, there's an extra little bit thirty seconds or so in to them.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this one for myself- I'd compare In Bruges to the fantastic Things to do in Denver when You're Dead. Thanks for the heads-up on the credits scene, but Tom Waits in good-film-shocker, eh?

Apestrife

457 minutes of Nolan's Batman movies in one sitting.

In no way perfect (Loads of too much spectacle to achieve that and moments when I thought to myself how easy it'd be to cut fat and make the movie flow better), but still really powerful fun.

Especially like the ending of DKR. A bit to much focus on how many minutes that's left to save everything (Even 24 have handled it more elegantly in some of it's most "THIS IS GETTING MORE TENSE BY THE SECOND!!!"moments), but still really great in a number of ways. 

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: P-BOT/1138 on 04 December, 2012, 07:31:51 PM

The original Cabin in the Woods was a short film made by Sam Raimi and was essentially a prototype for The Evil Dead. No home video edition exists but Studio Canal own the rights, so a home video release may be on the cards with the Evil Dead remake coming out next year

just checked. its called within the woods.
Indeed you are correct, though Cabin in the Woods is an alterantive title I believe, though I only found that out a second ago. My apologys for the mistake.

Chrrow

On friday I watched Silent Hill Revelation with my girlfriend and it was awesome! She was so freacking scared! xD