Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

If you think that Troma titles misleading then never watch A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.

No seriously NEVER do that.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Goaty

Quote from: The Cosh on 06 March, 2015, 10:32:32 AM
Pretty sure I still have an old VHS copy of Surf Nazis Must Die somewhere. It was pretty disappointing, but I did like the Samurai Surfers.

Oh yeah I think Netflix USA got it, but not see it yet! Or would to!

Keef Monkey

Have always found Troma movies really hard going, have always loved bad movies and low budget trash for a bit of fun, but Troma stuff has always felt a real chore to get through. They're bad movies for sure, but they're not generally very fun unfortunately.

Tromeo & Juliette was probably the best thing they ever put out, me and my mates used to watch that pretty often.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

The holy trinity of "good" Troma movies for me are the aformentioned Toxic Avenger, Tromeo and Juliet, and Class of Nuke 'em High. Utterly delirious movies but still retain an enjoyment factor despite their down sides.

Combat Shock is also a remarkable good movie. Not even in a snarky way. It's a genuinly well acted and thought out grim fest and utterly depressing.

JamesC

Quote from: Satanist on 06 March, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
If you think that Troma titles misleading then never watch A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell.

No seriously NEVER do that.

I watched that and was very disappointed - especially as someone had recorded half an hour of golf over it.

Famous Mortimer

The Troma movies they make themselves are usually at least alright, and go nicely OTT - Tromeo and Juliet, Toxic Avenger, Sgt Kabukiman NYPD, Terror Firmer, Nuke Em High...it's just all the other ones. I also kind of enjoyed "Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death", although it's been a lot of years since I saw it.

I was going to watch the Nymphoid Barbarian movie, and "Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-o-Rama" soon, too, but now I might not bother. It's a lot of work, and I really want to like Troma too.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 06 March, 2015, 03:56:04 PMI also kind of enjoyed Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death, although it's been a lot of years since I saw it.
I remember that one being quite fun but my idiotic flatmates wouldn't let me rent The Invincible Pole Fighters the following week and used that as the reason.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

THIS IS 40

Some great gags, a really likeable cast put a good spin on some unlikeable characters (Albert Brooks is brilliant) and an inspired turn by Melissa McCarthy (which is even funnier when shown in full in the end credits) but this was way too close for comfort!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Famous Mortimer

The Hollywood Strangler Meets The Skid Row Slasher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=912sLzdUs8c

Talking of weird movie titles, this is from the same guy who made "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies". This was made 10 years or so after that one, and he surprisingly seems to have gotten worse at writing and directing in the meantime. It's perhaps the most authentically sleazy film I've ever seen, though. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if you told me they really murdered hookers and bums to make this.

Dandontdare

RED .... I'm surprised that there was a film out there starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Ernest Borgnine, Richard Dreyfuss, John Malkovich, and oh, did I mention, KARL frickin; URBAN that I'd never actually heard of, but apparently so.

It's not the finest hour of anyone concerned, but they all know their stuff so it was an enjoyably silly super-spy romp.

HdE

I flamin' LOVE Red. It's great, nutty, don't-think-too-hard-about-it fun.

And it has Mary Louise Parker in it. 'Nuff sed.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Fungus

Hm. My Cal Hab boarders raved about Red last year. Blimey I hate films (they're mostly shit, right?) but guess I will watch this one, as it's on the hard drive.....

ThryllSeekyr

I watched Tusk last night.....
[spoiler]
It's disturbing tale, about some young guy who visit this reclusive man for a exclusive. So, I recall, but I was still playing Elite Dangerous right up to the point where the young guy comes to bound in wheelchair and discovers one of legs have been severed off completely and the wound had been sown closed neatly and only managed to watch the rest of the film properly from that point onwards.

Get this!!!!!

The reclusive man mutilated him, so he could sow him into this walrus suit made with real walrus tusks attached. I think the suit itself was either made from a real walrus or human skin.

Kind of reminds me what happened to Ukko when Slaine found him stitched into the skin of a donkey (Backwards!) and managed to salvage the dwarf.

However, this young man seemed to be permanently fused to the suit. Even his face was part of it....and had had something put in this throat to alter his voice to sound more like animal. Even the his hands were irraversable flippers.

Seriously horrific modifications, but this film is really a grisly satire made by Kev Smith famous for all those Clerks films about Jay And Silent Bob.

The near ending is reminiscent of the confrontation of Slaine and Feg when he kills him in the Horned God

[/spoiler]

I often think I was the Knucker sown into the body of average man.

ThryllSeekyr

I almost forgot to say....

I purchased this film again, because it did seem interesting enough to watch entirely, but have still been dozing off again and missed most of it........

Did I mention that Tusk is played towards the end of the film.

It's a well known Fleetwood Mac song.

Their anthem!

The Slaine story I mentioned is Amber Smuggler from The Wanderer graphic novel.

With Justin Long (Whom I find to be very annoying, but not deserving of his fate in this film!!)

Michael Parks as the deranged recluse. (I keep using that word, because he kept referring to Brown Recluse!)

Génesis Rodríguez whom I swore was Megan Fox. Gorgeous  :P

Haley Jo-Osmith who seems to be a much larger Caricature of himself or large person wearing a H.J.O. suit!

Johnny Depp who seemed hardly recognisable in with my former haircut and moustache.

Me

Him

As I like to blame the authorities for letting these freaks exist and go on hurting the innocent and not so innocent.[spoiler] I think of Johnny Depp's character as the villain who gets by virtue of doing so....well you know what they say when evil happens when people who can do. End up doing nothing, but he does do something towards the end that totally confuses me when I see the very last scene. As for the Gabriel/Megan Fox look alike[/spoiler][spoiler] (They should really fight each other to the death to see who can be the actual Megan Fox!) and Haley J.O.. They both took their time coming to his rescue or was it for the girl. She was with Justin and now seems to be with Haley!

[/spoiler]

Warning...do not ever mention Bi-Frost or Degrassi (That's strange I thought Degrassi High was a British show or is that a mess around!) to them or prepare to be teased mercilessly.

Damn, no chance to see the film again without paying for it. While have to retire to the couch for some rest and thought of my superior prettiness.