Main Menu

Destrukto!

Started by InVinoVeritas, 19 September, 2009, 07:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InVinoVeritas

I bought a tablet.
=D
The idea is to draw myself a character I've been working on for years, and still haven't found a good penciler for. "If you want something done..."
So, I decided to do something else to train not only my trace but also my skills on the tablet before trying seriously to draw my charactere. And... I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Am getting better. Soon I'll be able to start drawing the real comic. Until them, I hope to make at least two more comics.
Hope you enjoy.

It is the story of a Dr. Evil Mastermind named Destrukto. In this story, I present briefly his personal career, how he lives today (in a bugged house watched by several governmental agencies)and show how he gets into trouble going to the bank to complain about a non-requisitioned credit card - superheroes think he's going to rob the agency.

Pages (for now):

Emperor

Good start - the colouring has that subdued palette similar to the one Paul Duffied uses in Freakangels. I assume it is shown out of order as I can't figure out how he defeats one of the superheroines by grabbing her boobs.

I had a nose through your Photobucket account, interesting stuff - I especially like this.

What tablet did you buy?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

InVinoVeritas

Bought a Wacom, Bamboo Fun, medium sized. I know it's not the ideal one, like the Intuos, but it's still pretty good. And was all I could afford.

Dude... sorry to disappoint you, but the drawings you liked are by Scott McCloud, from Drawing Comics or other of his books, don't remember exactly which. You can see him (as his "comics persona") in the last panel. I used it while conducting a script writing activity with a couple friends. We were supposed to make a story "fit" in the panels. It was supposed to be a hard activity, since the panels are not related, and the results were interesting. But I didn't draw this page.

The panels are in order... he just uncovers her boobs (thus surprising her) and, while she covered herself, worried about the security cameras, grabbed a fire extinguisher. Silly, I know, but the heroes boing silly is part of the story, which is centered in the guy's comments about'em. I didn't post the extra pages 'cause I didn't know exactly if I could make this post a PG 13...