Main Menu

Planet Replicas - Carlos Ezquerra Signature Edition Lawgiver.

Started by Steve Green, 06 July, 2018, 08:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Very nice! Thanks for posting Steve.

That picture of the three lawgivers together was interesting. Ezquerras version looks very much like a transitional model. I know it's not, it's an alternate take on the Mark 2*, but if you mentally swap the original Mark 2 and this version around, so the order is Mark 1, Ezquerra's then the Mark 2, I think you'll see what I mean. I.e. it starts elegant and slender, thickens out with Ezquerra's (while remaining fairly true to the original design), then its the chunky short barrelled design most artists draw today.

It's a nice design. It's true to the old take but looks like it would do some major damage with that barrel.

*Or was he drawing it like that back in the Mark 1 days too? I forget...

Steve Green

Thanks Chris,

Carlos' drawings vary a bit - there are some shots early on where the muzzle is pretty wide.

I think the lengthier MK1 tended to come from Brian and Ian (and I think Ian introduced the top magazine)

It's mainly because Carlos never adopted the MK2, but artists have their own variations anyway - Henry and Ben have flattened off the curved ammo dial for example.

Good to see that first 100 sold out straight away.

BPP

New batch of these (un signed no doubt) has just gone live - final run apparently.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Mardroid

I went to the site a couple of hours after this was launched expecting them all to be taken but thankfully I was able to get one.

Just checked again (3:26am on writing this)* and they're still available! 250 were available this time, I believe.

*Why am I still awake? Partly habit... partly mice in my room, one of which I've managed to catch in a humane trap and deposit outside.

** I think that's 5 or 6 now. Wonder if the heat-seeker round works on creatures so small? Not that I would... cute little buggers...

moly

So much for not buying 2000ad this month so far managed to buy this, space bastards and some stuff off eBay ahhh it never ends  :)

Dash Decent

I'd love one of these but they don't sell them to Australia (because of our strict gun ownership rules which also cover 'realistic' looking replicas).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

strontium71

While I applaud Oz's commitment , it does sound harsh. Can someone not buy it , then ship it to you?
I suppose it'd have to be declared at customs though...
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

It's dicey.

There's someone who had to order it specially but they have some paperwork for a licence.

They don't seem to differentiate between replicas of real guns/airsoft and this kind of thing.

The impression I've been given is it would probably get turned back or destroyed at customs.

Dash Decent

Yes, I wondered if there was a way PR could colour it in some way I could easily remove.  Toy guns are all made in bright blue/green/yellow/reds etc.  Maybe a balloon stretched over the barrel?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

I'm not sure what difference having a balloon would make to the average customs official.

I don't know if unpainted or a bright green primer makes a difference either.

Krakajac

I'm also based in Oz.  It's very difficult to get these types of items.

However, somehow...my PR Mark 1 Lawgiver got through customs back in the day. :)

I had a Stormtrooper E-11 resin kit blaster seized because it was based on a Sterling SMG.  They also weren't keen on a Han Solo DL-44 resin kit blaster that I ordered - because it was based on a real-life Mauser.  I finally got my hands on them by applying for a special permit.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Steve Green

Hi,

nope - Dan had an iffy batch of resin which slowed things down, he's in the workshop today working on them.

Cheers

Steve

JUDGE BURNS

i was wondering as i have an order outstanding for the Carlos lawgiver..