Main Menu

Prog 2226 - Enter the Nunja

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 April, 2021, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: norton canes on 08 April, 2021, 02:12:48 PM
(Or is it just organic matter? No, it must go through clothes too, at least some of which will be non-organic. Remind me, does he ever stick his hand through doors, walls etc.?)

Good points! I think he must have done at some point, or a simple spacesuit would defeat him. But then conversely the gaseous form clearly can't pass through non-organic matter or the Hoover approach wouldn't work. It always annoyed me a bit that their spirits behaved like a gas rather than an intangible ghost,  but that's interdimensional superfiends for you: it's as much weird tech and malevolent fanaticism as it is ghosts and ghoulies.

So if Boing® won't defeat Death, how about an certificate of marriage to the Queen?

norton canes

TordelBack

JayzusB.Christ

Me, I'm delighted that Ken Nieman is now a regular on Dredd - whatever his real name is, it's looking likely that he's going to be stuck with the pseudonym forever.  Just look at Jock and Frank Quitely.  I do kind of agree that the whole evil SJS thing is getting tired, though.

Deadworld was suitably horrible.  My only real problem here is that Fatty Mortis is the only DJ that has become less sinister in his Dave Kendall incarnation - for my money, the scariest DJ moment ever was the sleek, skeletal frame of Mortis chasing children through the Undercity in Necropolis.

I like Thistlebone.  Not every thrill needs to be action-packed.  Also, it's the right time of year for that genre that's become known as folk horror.

I haven't read the other two thrills, but I'll get round to it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2226 :)

1st - Dredd - been a Squaxx for five or six years so not sick of SJS v Dredd yet. Niemand on fire atm
2nd - Visions of Deadworld - enjoying the one offs for Deadworld. Time to stock up on golden bullets
3rd - Thistlebone - still building up will be better collected

Mikey

I'd say it's not the SJS as corrupt, but being a bunch of fascists. They can drive the Welcome Wagon all they want and there's no reason ordinary Judges would know about it, or that it's dodgy beyond SJS procedural policy. It is interesting though that ex Titan inmates would be let back at all if they weren't wanted. Loving the yarn in any case.

In other news, Tales of Deadworld takes top laurels again for me this week.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

The Corinthian

Would SJS have jurisdiction over ex-Judges though?

One odd thing: post-Cal, the heads of SJS have been if not nice people exactly at least harsh-but-fair types like McGruder and Niles or even the fairly agreeable Buell. If they were tolerating or ignorant of extra-judicial nonsense like this it suggests they weren't much good at their jobs.

IndigoPrime

Throughout the entire history of Dredd, the SJS have often been a law unto themselves. It's curious that they still exist in this form after Buell's tenure at the head of the organisation.