Main Menu

Prog 1460 - Jack's Back! (And staying out of trouble? Frayed knot.)

Started by Dudley, 10 October, 2005, 08:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

If it had Punisher instead of Batman Id be accusing you of insider knowledge ;D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Steve Green

Well, the law's been bent to suit the Judges at times, the democracy march for example, and in the early days torture wouldn't have been sanctioned, but now it's used in extreme cases.

Who's to say that there isn't an extra-judicial squad that Justice Dept can deny all knowledge of?

- Steve

WoD

I've had Dr X's thoughts in my mind since he said them...scary that...and I've been thinking their may be something in it...

JUSTICE...not just the law....hmmm...could be that Dreddy will go along with this to get rid of an 'untouchable' that he 'knows' is guilty...

Carlsborg Expert

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
Well its the mid-week look into the pages of 2000ad. This weeks preferably.

And we;ll begin with Red Seas as I cant see the action potential in the two heads of a dog in a fishbowl, this being my first encounter with Jack Pantsa.But the more I read it the more this chuckle begins to rise in my um....

Mandroid if nothing else is causing quite a stir in me creatively.
Top notch art with simple penning and geynius use of colour. Nice writing. Liked the leap away from oncoming justice sandwich.

Sin/Dex will keep me looking in on this weeks(and any other) just for the awesomely inspiring work of Senor Davis.I do not like the pale MF though.Abs-and-pecsolutly not!

Finally LeatherJack.Is it a one off? Because I hoped the scene could have moved from the Artic.Is this meant to be Earth in the present day.And why is everything established Tudorian design.Lots of in-time references with no answers to why!

The cover is cheesy with a capital camembert.

Roger Godpleton

Cover: Nice. Good colours.

Dredd: Really great stuff, tense, well plotted. I like how the captions don't go overboard in "woe is Nate"-type stuff. The last panel was great.

Sin/Dex: Wow, I really like this story, as i said last week, the plot is being advanced well, and the absence of boring, overlong shootouts and crappy puns has gone a long way to ensuring that my interest doesn't wane. Simon Davis obviously helps, but good stuff Dabnett.

Leatherjack: This is just boring now, I wasn't expecting the rabbit's transformation, so I guess that was pretty cool, but this now just seems to be about our hero taking out ever more ridiculous villains. I hope this will pick up when we learn more about the Leatherpast, but I have to say I'm disappointed in how this has all panned out after such a great start.

Red Seas: It's remarkable how much the characters in this strip have grown on me after only 3 stories. The interaction between Billy and Mabel was unexpectedly touching. Already, a sense of mystery has been created and we haven't even got to the quest yet!

Overall: Mandroid, Sin/Dex & Red Seas more than justify my ?1.75. Leatherjack seems to have lost its way, but its still pretty readable. Good prog.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

GermanAndy

DREDD: Best cliffhanger of the year. Will he or won?t he? (cross the line)

SIN/DEX: skipped it. This strip interests me zero any longer.

LEATHERJACK: Okay, this has crossed the line into sillyland. What is next? Elric and the Runestaff against LJ? But I have to confess that it gave me a chuckle. At least it doesn?t get dull.

RED SEAS: Why is this so good? It?s silly, it?s full of laughable parts - it?s crazy, I can rather accept dinowarrior in a cave in England than a napoleonic fourmaster with a propeller *g - but it is pure fun.

Mudcrab

Splendid cover spoilt horribly by 2 tired, horribly overused puns. Hmm, I thought, Lobo did that 10 years ago, as well as grud knows how many others. And "Frayed Knot"???? Feck off please, that's Asda Xmas cracker standard that is! I could have forgiven one or the other, but not both. Someone get Mek-Quake started up...

Mandroid - Still going well, although found the flying fist on a string thing a bit silly.

Savage - I think I've got lost somewhere. Had Bill been called Jack for a while now? When did his brother get killed? I thought that was his brother, but no, he's called Tom isn't he? Thought he'd shaved to pretend he was Bill, sorry Jack.

Leatherjack - Big mad mintal Hartley Hare man, pure dead magic that is man. (not usual accent)

SD - As ever, I love it. Great start and superb art once again from the definitive SD artist.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Oddboy

Savage - I think I've got lost somewhere. Had Bill been called Jack for a while now? When did his brother get killed? I thought that was his brother, but no, he's called Tom isn't he? Thought he'd shaved to pretend he was Bill, sorry Jack.

Lobster - apart from the fact that Savage wasn't in prog 1460, you're thinking about the previous prog -

In Savage Book I Taking Liberties - Bill Savage (hereafter referred to as 'Savage') sets up a suicide car bomb attack, in which a Bill-look-a-like gets killed in front of Volg troops. Savage takes on "Jack Savage" ID, that of one of his brothers.  The baddie in that story (can't recall his name off hand) wasn't convinced, and still thought Savage was Bill. Svetlana didn't believe this, she thought Savage was Jack.
That baddie died at the beginning of Book II Out Of Order.
Savage later on goes under cover as his other brother Tom, by growing a beard.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Funt Solo

His third brother, Doc, makes an appearance in the next book.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

The fourth brother, Bashful, may simply be killed offstage.

Satanist

And dont forget Fred Savage from the shitty Wonder Years.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

DavidXBrunt

My favourite local curry house has a signed photo of the girl that played his sister signed 'To Ahmed, thanks for being a fan of the Wonder Years', right next to the signed photo of the Indian Elivis impersonator Patelvis.

From memory the bloke who killed himself disguised as Bill was his terminally ill brother Jack. The two swapped identities so that Bill, as Jack, could continue his fight and Jack, as Bill, could either go out in a blaze of glory or go up a hill and fetc a pail of water.

Mudcrab

"Lobster - apart from the fact that Savage wasn't in prog 1460, you're thinking about the previous prog"

- oops, so it was. Cheers, that makes more sense of the Jack thing, I'd forgotten that. I'll pay more attention from now on :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Also Randy, from the local wrestling team!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Steve Green