Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 March, 2013, 02:59:41 PM
I think the John Burns colourist is a different chap than the John Burns Dante artist, DJ.

Presumably, that's why he was - and still is - often credited as John M Burns.

JOE SOAP

Link Prime

That he is Joe.

Just heard from Dale- both are in fact John 'M' Burns (the colourist Mr. Burns being the nephew of the 2000AD artist).
Colourist was quite prolific with Eagle & Marvel reprints apparently (as well as STC obviously, and some Simon Coleby Rogue Trooper).

Boo-urns to the lot of ya!

Dark Jimbo

The internet has lied to me! I did do some checking beforehand, but every reference I found seemed to bear me out;

John M Burns (sometimes John Burns) is an artist and colourist whose career spans back to the 1960s. For Sonic the Comic, Burns only ever provided colouring for other artist's work, although his style of using vivid colours was almost instantly recognisable. Outside of STC, Burns has drawn for national newspapers, 2000AD and adaptations of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

Ah well, live and learn!
@jamesfeistdraws

james newell

Quote from: james newell on 22 March, 2013, 02:21:30 PM
Lobo issue 2 Page 19
Lobo is not in this page, but i love the look of the bikers

their might have be a problem with the earlier links to images so here they are again:

Skullmo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 23 March, 2013, 04:44:36 PM
The internet has lied to me! I did do some checking beforehand, but every reference I found seemed to bear me out;

John M Burns (sometimes John Burns) is an artist and colourist whose career spans back to the 1960s. For Sonic the Comic, Burns only ever provided colouring for other artist's work, although his style of using vivid colours was almost instantly recognisable. Outside of STC, Burns has drawn for national newspapers, 2000AD and adaptations of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.

Ah well, live and learn!

The internet lied! No!!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

:P Mark Martin's amazing Gnatrat Lives cover  :P

(it is trimmed a little bit by my scanner)

sheldipez

Those Sonic The Comic pages are stunning, it's both a crime that STC hasn't been collected in TPB (outside of those two "volumes" they did that only included Sonic strips) and for one person to own all those pages!

For those that never had experienced STC it was a quality child friendly (I know quality aimed at children rarely exists, something I now understand more than ever as a parent!) anthology comic, it wasn't all Sonic related, I recently found a few old STC and a bunch of progs that I never knew I had so either STC led me onto 2000AD, admittedly for a short while, or maybe Judge Anderson on the cover in her pants that appealed to the younger me. Possibly the pants thing.

Link Prime

Some pages from newly minted Art Droid Paul Davidson's work on Marvel's X-Factor.
He's pretty bloomin good!

Link Prime

Thats Irish X-Man 'Banshee' (formerly 'Siryn') by the way...

Link Prime

Link Prime

Madrox and his new wife Butterfly, er playing Pitch & Putt...

Q: Why do they have 'M' tattoos on their faces....???
A: Cause they've been to the future of course!  ::)

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 April, 2013, 11:32:43 AM
Madrox and his new wife Butterfly, er playing Pitch & Putt...

Q: Why do they have 'M' tattoos on their faces....???
A: Cause they've been to the future of course!  ::)

Lovely pages!!

Link Prime

Cheers Jacob.

I only own one further piece of 'X' artwork by the way, an Emma Frost pin-up by Scott Dalrymple that I had to buy for two reasons...

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 April, 2013, 12:22:07 PM
Cheers Jacob.

I only own one further piece of 'X' artwork by the way, an Emma Frost pin-up by Scott Dalrymple that I had to buy for two reasons...

Yes, her eyes you mean!