Main Menu

Recent posts

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 02:14:04 PM
Quote from: AlexF on 26 April, 2024, 04:17:59 PMFunnily enough I recently discovered My Marvellous Year too, it's excellent - the hosts have that jokey/laughter-based dynamic that works so well for Fox and Conrad. I'm still listening back to the end of year round-ups and have only made it to 1984 - long way to go!

Yeah the relationship between Dave and Zack and later added to by Charlotte is just great. Their chemistry makes this a good substituion from my long missing favourite. I actually started in 'my era' and skipped straight to the early 80s and have reached 93. It makes a good companion piece to my slow reading of back issues of Comics International I've been slowly picking up.

Quote from: PsychoGoatee on Today at 06:45:54 AMNice! That podcast sounds fun too.

Defo work checking out as Marvel is something you enjoy.
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by Richard - Today at 01:40:45 PM
And it's a good one!
Off Topic / Re: RIPs
Last post by rogue69 - Today at 01:09:32 PM
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by Swerty - Today at 12:13:43 PM
Quote from: Hackenbush on Today at 01:00:56 AMI would love some less expected volumes:
Mark Millar - Maniac 5 / Silo / Canon Fodder - can fill it up with future shocks
Chris Weston - Canon Fodder with Dredd/Rogue/Robo hunter stories that are not in the collections
Peter Doherty - Dredd volume
Peter Hogan - Robo Hunter and Timehouse
Garth Ennis - Time flies & Chopper (including the Martin Emond drawn one off)
Ron Smith - all the classic dredds that have been skipped

What I really want that will never happen is to have all the odds and ends of John smith stories that are missing to be collected - including the text stories. I don't know if that is enough for a volume but I want it anyway.

I'd be with all those books you've listed
Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 11:50:31 AM
Short of funding it or having some really amazing connections to money and/or industry people who wouldn't wreck the property or attempt to own it themselves, it's hard to see how, unfortunately.
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 11:49:27 AM
I imagine at this point, there's going to be very variable wish-lists, which hit some of the deep cuts within the comic. My main hope is that the quality remains high. There are some objective duffers lurking in the vaults that never need to see the light of day again, even if they have good art (Junker, say). And even though 20 unknown books is a fair amount to fill (assuming the series really does end with #200), there's still plenty of quality left from strips that have never been collected, or recent Rebellion trades that could be repackaged.
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 11:46:50 AM
The first 2099 cover.
Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by Steve H - Today at 11:37:36 AM
I think everyone here want's it to happen. Is there anything we can do collectively to support this endeavour and help make the TV show a reality ?
General / Re: Mega City Book Club - a ne...
Last post by Eamonn Clarke - Today at 08:54:20 AM
Thanks, guys

Here are a couple of wonderful Ian Kennedy grail pages from Warlord chosen by Colin.

Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by PsychoGoatee - Today at 06:45:54 AM
Nice! That podcast sounds fun too.