2000 AD > News

Battle Action returns as original graphic novel.

<< < (9/9)

broodblik:
Some history on merger of Battle and Action:

https://downthetubes.net/exciting-news-inside-looking-back-at-battles-merger-with-action/

Richard S.:
about halfway through it so far - really enjoying the comic strips.

As ever, the non-comic strips needed another proof-read* - it's "The Sweeney" not "The Sweeny" and it's "Phil Gascoine" not "Phil Gascoigne"

*I'm sure they were proof-read plenty of times, but, y'know, it needed to be done again

IndigoPrime:

--- Quote from: Richard S. on 14 June, 2022, 06:20:49 AM ---*I'm sure they were proof-read plenty of times, but, y'know, it needed to be done again
--- End quote ---
Perhaps there’s something amiss at the Nerve Centre in terms of resource. The 45th anniversary book is a lovely object, but the first page of text alone (the intro) is littered with errors. (I just quickly went through it and found nine in a single pass – more if you were to align with broadly standard style across modern press.) That just seems odd to me.

IndigoPrime:
Having read a few more pages of this, it’s bizarre. It’s like a first draft escaped into the wild. It’s a good job the book is mostly about the art; but, honestly, if 2000 AD was edited like this, I’d have a hard time reading it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version